• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks Vs Brumbies - S15 Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Sharks: 15 Louis Ludik, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Paul Jordaan, 12 Francois Steyn, 11 Odwa Ndungane 10 Patrick Lambie, 9 Charl McLeod, 8 Ryan Kankowski, 7 Keegan Daniel (captain), 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Franco van der Merwe, 4 Anton Bresler, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Craig Burden, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.Substitutes: 16 Kyle Cooper, 17 Wiehahn Herbst, 18 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 19 Jacques Botes, 20 Cobus Reinach, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Lwazi Mvovo.

Sharks by 7:

• They have been underwhelming and will have had the riot act read to them this week
  • I thought Keegan's leadership was exceptional towards the end of last year. His return is a big boost.
  • I really like this pack. Tight 5 has been strong and the 6 and 7 will play close to the ball but both link and carry really well.
  • Lambie doesn't look like missing.
  • Home.
  • Really don't see any area where the Brumbies shade them but as a unit the Brums are really well coached. I concede that.
Had it been in Canberra I would have picked the Brums.

haha wait a second, you dont see any area where the brumbies shade them, but had it been in Canberra you would have picked the Brumbies. not sure if i understand. Are you saying these teams a evenly matched?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
haha wait a second, you dont see any area where the brumbies shade them, but had it been in Canberra you would have picked the Brumbies. not sure if i understand. Are you saying these teams a evenly matched?

Hahah, yes. What else could I possibly be saying? Or am I speaking in tongues?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rotation is kicking in for the Brumbies......

But surprised that Palmer isn't even on the bench.........

Glad to see Sio has earned a starting gig..........

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sharks didn't score a try against the Kings or Stormers and only 2 against the Cheetahs. Brumbies haven't conceded a point in the 2nd half yet. Don't see where the Sharks will get their points

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the Blues, at least we have the ready made excuse of playing in SA.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sharks didn't score a try against the Kings or Stormers and only 2 against the Cheetahs. Brumbies haven't conceded a point in the 2nd half yet. Don't see where the Sharks will get their points

Sharks have a history of starting slow. They were scoring great tries in the second half of least season and indeed during the playoffs. They have the strike weapons.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
At the setpiece, Sharks look to have the edge. Alexander will be pinged all night against the Beast, and it could come down to a kicking battle between Lambie and Lealiifano. Sharks by 3 but I hope the Brumbies prove me wrong

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Don't see where the Sharks will get their points

JP Pietersen, Jordaan, Lambie, Kankowski, Daniel. Plenty of points there. They haven't quite hit their strips yet but to say they don't have the ability to score points? You're kidding yourself.

P

Paradox

I think the Brumbies scrum with Palmer at tighthead is a match for any side in the comp. However, this new front row could be exposed. Should be very interesting. Sio is a good player and offers more than Palmer around the park. Kimlin is quite a good scrummaging lock although is playing at loose head.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JP Pietersen, Jordaan, Lambie, Kankowski, Daniel. Plenty of points there. They haven't quite hit their strips yet but to say they don't have the ability to score points? You're kidding yourself.

So you're going to name players and ignore their form? I could name better players from the Waratahs they didn't score any tries last week.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
So you're going to name players and ignore their form? I could name better players from the Waratahs they didn't score any tries last week.
Could you name better players from the Waratahs? That's a matter of opinion. Probably also why your Waratahs never live up to the expectations of you fans. The players are really not as good as you think they are.

As for form? 3 wins from 3 is not bad for a team that's out of form.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
The Sharks didn't score a try against the Kings, enough said
But they beat the Stormers who then beat the Chiefs the following week. Let's pick games in insolation, against different opposition and use the results as a measuring stick for who's going to win the next game. That method always goes to plan.....doesn't it?

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Anyone seen this outside centre Kuridrani play? Knows how he goes?
Can read in his stats that he's 6'5 and over 100kgs from figi and has repped oz in 7s - all sounds like a pretty bloody decent starting point. And he's replacing Smith who i think has been performing consistently well so he must be doing something right on the training paddock?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BJ could correct me if wrong but I believe Smith might still be getting over an injury suffered against the Tahs........

Kuridrani hasn't had a lot of minutes, but did get a start against the Rebels last year and looked solid, but then that was against a Rebels' backline.....

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Jake White's selections this week suggest to me that he's leeping his powder dry for the stormers game. not sure about this approach. why rest palmer and move alexander when you'r playing against a strong sharks pack. He's either very confident or he's firmly concentrating on next week....thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.