• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks Vs Brumbies - S15 Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Certainly done better than Palu this year. That said Palu was great the last couple of games for the Wallabies last year

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
hmmmm scrums went a bit bad but probably a different stroy if palmer came on when sio went off. But 5 points massive win.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Final score 10-29 to the Brumbies. What did it for the Sharks was that they let the Brumbies score 4 tries in the first half, and they were playing catch up in the next half. Sharks were harder on the ball in the second half and could probably see that as a positive that they could build on for next week.

In regards to the Brumbies, although they scored 4 tries to 1, it was their defence that should be praised. They virtually kept the Sharks out at every raid the Brumbies made on the try line, all but once.
And their depth is extraordinary! White off, Prior comes on and controls the game nicely. Similarly with guys like Coleman who came on for Mogg, who looked to be injured.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
geez they're just playing nice rugby. Shame it poured down in the 2nd half as the handling suffered.

Prior played a nice hand replacing white.

Kurindrani was pretty damn good. As was Kimlin playing at lock. Mowen just led from the front all day.

I'm giving MoM to To'omua. Fotu was awesome as well but this was the first game where To'omua just had control of it. Great passes to assist 2 tries and scored one himself.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I was mainly watching the Italy - Ireland game (which was a cracker) but from what I saw of the Brumbies, they looked terrific. That sort of rugby is top of the table stuff. Shame to playing like that this early in the season, they can't keep that up.. surely.. well maybe. They look like a lock to top the Aussie conference at least.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies set new super rugby record for most consecutive away victories.........

Hopefully Mogg is ok....... Shoulder I believe?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Final score 10-29 to the Brumbies. What did it for the Sharks was that they let the Brumbies score 4 tries in the first half, and they were playing catch up in the next half. Sharks were harder on the ball in the second half and could probably see that as a positive that they could build on for next week.

In regards to the Brumbies, although they scored 4 tries to 1, it was their defence that should be praised. They virtually kept the Sharks out at every raid the Brumbies made on the try line, all but once.
And their depth is extraordinary! White off, Prior comes on and controls the game nicely. Similarly with guys like Coleman who came on for Mogg, who looked to be injured.

That and the work the forwards did in the first half. They got over the gain line on an absolutely ridiculous amount of their carries. I need to watch the match again though, I think it may as much have been the Brumbies running hard and at smart angles as it was the Sharks just being soft in the contact area. That said I'll probably watch that first half a dozen times in the next year, a wonderful 40 minutes of attacking rugby by the Brumbies.

The depth that was shown today by the Brumbies was definitely impressive. If I hadn't already read that White was out and was just a casual fan before tuning I honestly may not have noticed the change in halfbacks. That smoothness in transition to "bench" players is the definition of "having depth".

The depth that was shown today by the Brumbies

Certainly done better than Palu this year. That said Palu was great the last couple of games for the Wallabies last year

Palu's constant injuries really kill me in terms of him being selected for the Wallabies. He is, or was, the only really viable international standard #8 we had (and even then if you look at him against someone like Kieran Reid...oceans between them) but I feel like he gets injured every other game now, and is taken off the field early nearly every single game even if it isn't a serious injury. Just a huge liability in my eyes and it's a shame because he is a truly quality player. If Auelua can maintain form and stay healthy I see him as a direct upgrade from Palu, assuming he adjusts to the international standard of play (even though I am biased towards a quicker #8). Fingers crossed, we really need the international quality #6 and #8 to fill out our back-row.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Well done Brumbies, excellent bonus point win in RSA.
Looks like we've got Palmer's replacement handy and ready to go.
Always thought Sio is a standout.

Status
Not open for further replies.