• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
Does anyone have extra info on Steve Noriega? I know he's a prop, I know his old man was pretty bloody handy, and I know he's been in and around the Brumbies set-up for a few years. He's with us now, and is a big man. Can he play? Any specific reason he's not still in Canberra?

I don't know much, but if he's anything like his old man I bet he loves to "farkin' crum".

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Parra GM, have Parra been able to regain any old players that have been lost to other clubs? On another note, I saw that Junior To'o is now at Gordon.

N

NanoBear

Anyone know about online coverage for the upcoming season? Last year ABC grandstand had 1 game per week on their website, hoping they have at least that this year.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Parra GM have you managed to hold on to pretty much all your higher graders from last season(Which ones haven't you held on to??)?

People forget that whilst they struggled last season, with experience they could become more than handy higher grade footballers....

P

Parra GM

Parra GM have you managed to hold on to pretty much all your higher graders from last season(Which ones haven't you held on to??)?

People forget that whilst they struggled last season, with experience they could become more than handy higher grade footballers....

We've lost 2 players.........Pierre Hola to Eastwood. Which isn't too much of an issue, he finished the year in 2's for us anyway and was a major disappointment. We have also lost a Kiwi we brought over for last few games. He has gone back to NZ. Other than these 2, every player from last year has returned

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I saw the last half hour of the Southern Districts v Gordon trial which was on before the JWs v Oz Baas game last Saturday.

SD won 50 -22 and were very impressive notwithstanding that they had several players unavailable because of Super Rugby or playing in the following game for the JWs or Oz Baas. 10. Josh Gamgee and new recruit 7. Sam Latunipulu (brother of Apo) were outstanding in that time.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
We've lost 2 players.........Pierre Hola to Eastwood. Which isn't too much of an issue, he finished the year in 2's for us anyway and was a major disappointment. We have also lost a Kiwi we brought over for last few games. He has gone back to NZ. Other than these 2, every player from last year has returned

Pierre Hola deal involve Money? Eastwood seem to have quite a few new players.... Quality calibre as well. Are the financial problems behind them?

Is Richard Just back the front rower from NZ he was quite competent wasn't he?

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Pierra Hola is past it anyway, probably a waste of time chasing to be honest.
Parra GM, any new BIG recruits to the club besides Dan Yakapo?

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
I saw the last half hour of the Southern Districts v Gordon trial which was on before the JWs v Oz Baas game last Saturday.

SD won 50 -22 and were very impressive notwithstanding that they had several players unavailable because of Super Rugby or playing in the following game for the JWs or Oz Baas. 10. Josh Gamgee and new recruit 7. Sam Latunipulu (brother of Apo) were outstanding in that time.

I was at the game to, and the score doesnt really reflect the game which was 3 -25s, for the first 2 Gordon lead SD 17-14 then in the 3 -25 Gordon took alot of the players in the forwards off who will most likely be first grade and put on fringe players and SD made only 1 or 2 changes and this is where they ran away with it, and yes Sam was good. I though Gordon looked promising, however it is only early days.

P

Parra GM

Pierre Hola deal involve Money? Eastwood seem to have quite a few new players.... Quality calibre as well. Are the financial problems behind them?

Is Richard Just back the front rower from NZ he was quite competent wasn't he?

You'd have to ask Pierre..............but knowing him it would involve a LOT of money. He wants to make the Tongan World Cup squad and believes he can't do it from us. Richard is back yes

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was at the game to, and the score doesnt really reflect the game which was 3 -25s, for the first 2 Gordon lead SD 17-14 then in the 3 -25 Gordon took alot of the players in the forwards off who will most likely be first grade and put on fringe players and SD made only 1 or 2 changes and this is where they ran away with it, and yes Sam was good. I though Gordon looked promising, however it is only early days.

Fair enough. Must say that I wasn't concentrating a lot on the game just a few outstanding performances from SD as I was yakking with folks before the main game. I guess I saw all of the last third of the match and how the scoreline deteriorated for Gordon because it was fairly even when I arrived. You have explained why.

Cheers.

Crickey - as I wrote in the Tahs thread: how are Southern Districts going to fit in S.Doyle, L. Timani, I. Vaea, S. Latunipulu and maybe S. Timani and R. Samo into one back row?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
PS Can some SD tragic type out the names of the SD dream team for this year - ditto Manly? Those are going to be strong teams on paper. Come to think of it any team will do. I'm not going to do one for the Rats. It's hard to see the keyboard through tears.

Edit: Make the dream teams without players likely to be in a Wallaby squad of 30. If you are not sure, bracket a maybe Wallaby with another player.

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
PS Can some SD tragic type out the names of the SD dream team for this year - ditto Manly? Those are going to be strong teams on paper. Come to think of it any team will do. I'm not going to do one for the Rats. It's hard to see the keyboard through tears.

Lee, mate dont cry it happens, you would have had a half decent team , if you hadnt lost Ale,Greenway,Brock and Po. where there any more that we didnt know of?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't have any inside info on the Rats these days. Currently the Manly Daily is my main source of info.

There's another player who I regretted the Rats losing - from 2nd Grade: 8. Toupou Iongi. He's a bit like that SD and Brumbies player Ita Vaea but he couldn't get a 1st grade spot with hard head Trevor Richardson the incumbent. He's going to Parramatta I believe so I don't mind his helping their club.

Also, I can't blame 7. Kotoni Ale for going (ditto Greenway) even though it's to the Blue Filth, Manly. With Lipman, now of the (S15) Rebels, and Robinson, now of the Reds, it was hard for him to get a run. Last year he got a start against Uni when Lipman was injured and he had a blinder, but he was back in the Twos the following week. But he's a good lad and I wish him well.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Possible Parra team when all available

15 Tyler Stephens Queenbeyan Oz Schools
14 Dan Yakopo Tuggers Oz Sevens
13 Alf Paea Gold Coast Titans
12 Damain Fakafuna West Harbour Tonga A
11 Jesse leota ( or watch this space re a super rugby player ) returning from 2010
10 Tom Woods ( or watch this space for a fringe super rugby player ) returning from 2010
9 Lua Voiloaloa returning from 2010 Rebels a
8 Maile Latekefu/ Iongi returning from 2010 Waratahs Academy
7 Nick Boland/ Andrew Cox returning from 2010
6 Andrew Cox/ Maile returning from2010
5 Waqa Vuluvulu Gordon
4 James Riddell ( watch this space for a super rugby player ) returning from 2010
3 Richard Just returning from 2010
2 Ben Hewitson South Canterbury NPC
1 Sion Tuala Tuggers

Status
Not open for further replies.