• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Can some one estimate how much the top non-contracted club players earn, and how does this compare to what NSW cup players are getting?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee I would take what the Manly Daily say with a grain of salt. That Jason Avedissian has been known to quotes out of context within cricket circles(even with Manly players) and tends to be very controversial.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Just in case you didn't know, the Shute Shield starts next weekend.

What I am really looking forward to in this year's competition is the emergence of a new generation of No 7s. Some have been already started to make their mark but most would be 22 and younger. They include:

Sean Doyle & Sam Latinupulu (Souths)
David Hickey & Stu Goodman (Uni)
Lala Lam (Randwick)
Kotone Ale & Michael Hooper (Manly)
Mitch Greenway (Gordon)
Chris Alcock (Eastwood)
AJ Gilbert (Norths)

Perhaps someone can fill us in on who will play 7 at Wests and Warringah give the loss of Latinupulu from Wests and Lipman and Robinson at the Rats.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Just in case you didn't know, the Shute Shield starts next weekend.

What I am really looking forward to in this year's competition is the emergence of a new generation of No 7s. Some have been already started to make their mark but most would be 22 and younger. They include:

Sean Doyle & Sam Latinupulu (Souths)
David Hickey & Stu Goodman (Uni)
Lala Lam (Randwick)
Kotone Ale & Michael Hooper (Manly)
Mitch Greenway (Gordon)
Chris Alcock (Eastwood)
AJ Gilbert (Norths)

Perhaps someone can fill us in on who will play 7 at Wests and Warringah give the loss of Latinupulu from Wests and Lipman and Robinson at the Rats.

Don't forget Myles McCaffrey at Eastwood, he played well for the Tahs Academy when he came on against the Brumbies. As I understand it he intends to play grade rather than colts this year

B

brynylon

A 21 year old to watch is Jonnie Morath at centre for the Beasties.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
im looking forward to the start of shute shield. i know its not the same standard as super 15 but its more free flowing game than super 15 i believe and beter to watch. desperate to see someone knock off the student also....anyone want to pick the top 6? or is it top 5?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Perhaps someone can fill us in on who will play 7 at Wests and Warringah given the loss of Latinupulu from Wests and Lipman and Robinson at the Rats.

2010 Schools player Boyd Killingworth should be playing Colts but such is the lack of depth at the Rats, with Greenway and Ale also gone, he could be in 1st grade. Shocking, I know.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
2010 Schools player Boyd Killingworth should be playing Colts but such is the lack of depth at the Rats, with Greenway and Ale also gone, he could be in 1st grade. Shocking, I know.

The Rats should have looked after Beau, one of the best going around in S15 at the moment. I hope Boyd stays in colts for his own sake.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
The Rats should have looked after Beau, one of the best going around in S15 at the moment. I hope Boyd stays in colts for his own sake.

What do you mean? What have the Rats done to Beau? Isn't part of his Reds contract that he must play in Brisbane?

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)

Yes Beau has to play in bris, and its more a chase that the rats should have looked after greenway and ale from what i hear

U

Upright

Boyd looks like he has a broken leg from the Rats trial. Colts age kids shouldnt be in grade trials as I believe they need a year out of school to adjust before they start in grade where they will play men. If he does have a busted leg this is not good

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/rats-want-kennedy-the-younger-to-play-in-10-jumper/

That is very sad if true for young Killingworth. Agree with other comments he, nor any other boy straight from school, should be anywhere near a first grade game at this stage of his career. That is why Colts exists to help school boys transition to grade. Make no mistake Colts is much harder than any rugby they will play as school boys - the 22 week as opposed to 8 week school competitions ensures that. Could this need to put kids up against men be an unfortunate consequence of some clubs gathering as much of the available talent as possible creating player shortages eleswhere? I note that all of the school boy stars who have gone to League are playing Under 20's for obvious reasons,why do we think a boy can go out and play against men in club rugby?

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wicks beat Eastwood in 4's, 3's and 2's pretty convincingly and got up in a tight one in the top grade.
Eastwood only had 10 guys for 4th grade, so the 3rd/4th grade trial was a mix'n'match scenario....

Is this what Papworth wants??? Where do all the guys who play 4's go???

Status
Not open for further replies.