• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whos yer daddy

I spoke to a guy yesterday who had played a bit of first grade in 09 and 10, he is in seconds this week. I asked him if he was dirty. He told me that he would work his arse off to get back in the picture. Brock and the likes need to think this way. He didn't exactly set the world on fire at the Rats. Hamish Angus and John Kennedy were considered better prospects. I was worried when he was named in first grade for the Marlins.

Could it be that he was more than a little dissapointed that he was lured to the Marlins on a promise for first grade and was bumped down without getting a chance to show what he can or can't do? I wonder if he is on less money at the Rats?

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Hard to get it right at the start of the season but I'll have a go:

Eastwood vs Southern Districts
West Harbour vs Penrith
Eastern Suburbs vs Northern Suburbs
Warringah v Randwick
Parramatta v Sydney Uni
Gordon v Manly

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Parra with some late drop outs unfortunately including Latekefu . Need to keep expectations realistic just earn some respect by competing all day. Interesting development though. Hear we will see a former NRL star line up for the TWO Blues from next week who is just about to change codes. Watch this space the guys a try scoring freak and not from Sydney

Dennan Kemp?

Makes sense if he go's to the rebels?

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Even though they got beaten, how did Parramatta look? Be interested to find out how Waqa Vulawalu went as he is ex Royals and also Bronson Sheppard.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Even though they got beaten, how did Parramatta look? Be interested to find out how Waqa Vulawalu went as he is ex Royals and also Bronson Sheppard.

They look much better than last year and will be quite competitive. It is difficult to really assess them because Uni is such a new side. Clearly Uni are very much better than they were in Round 1 last year. I expected that Uni with 15 weeks of pre-season training behind them would have finished over the top of Parra, but they kept coming with a lot of enthusiasm, particularly as they played the last 45 minutes with only 14 men.

I am not good at keeping an eye on opposition players unless they really stand out so I didn't particularly notice Waqa Vulawalu at lock. Bronson Sheppard was not listed in any of the Parra teams.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Clearly Uni are very much better than they were in Round 1 last year. I expected that Uni with 15 weeks of pre-season training behind them would have finished over the top of Parra, but they kept coming with a lot of enthusiasm, particularly as they played the last 45 minutes with only 14 men.

Who got sent off for Parra?

C

CoachTB

Waqa was a late change from the second row to number 8 following Maile Latukefu's late withdrawal on Friday arvo with injury - he did well considering he hadn't trained in the back row at all or played there in the trials. Bronson Shephard suffered a bad concussion in last weeks trial so was unable to play.

A few players out for Parra with injury and illness (although not as many as uni had out). So all up a good competitive effort - having an open side flanker red carded after 25 minutes made it difficult for sure although the tackle was clumsy and dangerous so fully justified without a doubt. Parra battled well - a try on the halftime hooter (contentious) gave uni a 18-14 halftime lead. Captain Andrew Cox also had 10 minutes in the bin in the 2nd half leaving Parra with 13 for a bit. With 10 minutes to go Parra were still in the game down 19-25 and playing well however Uni's structure told scoring a try - then a try from broken play from the last play blew the score out to 37-19. A good effort by Parra with plenty to take out of the game - they will get better and better. Uni looking very well structured and their option taking is 1st class without a doubt.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Does anyone know if the Shute Shield games are still being played on ABC and thus iView? I'm Victorian so it's my only chance to stay in touch.

Sorry if it's been covered, I don't want to read anything before this in this thread due to potential spoilers.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know if the Shute Shield games are still being played on ABC and thus iView? I'm Victorian so it's my only chance to stay in touch.

Sorry if it's been covered, I don't want to read anything before this in this thread due to potential spoilers.

It should be but I couldn't find it on iView today.

G

goroyals

timana tahu playing for Penrith after he walked out on the Two Blues. maybe him n the new coach didnt get on? just a thought....

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
which part didnt u understand?

So what your saying is that tahu is no longer playing with Penrith (NRL) and is playing with Penrith (TNSS). Or are you saying the reason tahu is playing league is because he didn't get on with the blues coach?

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Eastwood 39 d Southern Districts 20 at T.G. Millner Field
West Harbour 27 drew with Penrith 27 at Concord Oval
Eastern Suburbs 32 d Northern Suburbs 17 at Woollahra Oval
Warringah 27 d Randwick 23 at Pittwater Rugby Park
Sydney University 37 d Parramatta 19 at Granville Park
Manly 29 d Gordon 12 at Chatswood Oval

S

skullring

Sam Harris the master coach!
Good result with the cattle he had on hand.

Not to mention losing two men to yellow cards who both didn't deserve it, Daniel Cheever showed one of the more woeful refereeing performances I have ever seen at this level. Won't be surprised if he is on duty for reserve grade in round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom