• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I hope so.
Also top of the table clash in firsts and seconds at Millner this afternoon. Can someone post info on both games please.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Yep, it is good to see a bit from up here in Brisbane. Thanks Eastwood

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Haven't seen the game yet but well done to the Woods, they will certainly take some beating to win this competition. Also well done Manly 2nds in the top of the table clash.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good luck to the 2Blues today I hope the day is a success.
Thanks Lily, great day at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park. All games played in great spirit and with typical Rat and Two Blues competitive attitude. Parra took the First Grade match 40-32 to retain the Noddy Sawtell Trophy.

W

waves

Thanks Lily, great day at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park. All games played in great spirit and with typical Rat and Two Blues competitive attitude. Parra took the First Grade match 40-32 to retain the Noddy Sawtell Trophy.

Great work Parra

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I was just looking through the team sheets, geeze Southern are starting to look strong

1. Tetera Faulkner, 2. John Ulugia, 3. Dan Palmer; 4. Andrew Rossiter, 5. Lopeti Timani; 6. Luke Smart, 7. Jono Hayes, 8. Ita Vaea; 9. Grayson Hart, 10. Jordan McGregor; 11. Denan Kemp, 12. Gareth Morton, 13. Nick Cummins, 14. Brackin Karauria-Henry; 15. Nicky Price.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I was just looking through the team sheets, geeze Southern are starting to look strong

Yes but they must beat the in-form Norths this weekend or they will find it almost impossible to catch the Top 6. Particularly as many would think that Norths would be the team to make way for them. IMO, this is the game of the round this weekend.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)

Was it in 2nd grade that they beat Penrith by 151 points to nil? I thought it must've been a misprint when I first saw it until I counted the tries scored.

canowindra

Frank Nicholson (4)
I heard yesterday that John Grant from Eastwood has signed with Wests Tigers for next year. With the team doing so well, you have to wonder how many Woodies will be called up for higher duties next season. Will the Club become a victim of it's own success?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That's big. Can anyone from Eastwood confirm that? He was a player with a bright future who could certainly make it at Super level. I suppose the lack of interest from Oz super sides pushed him to League.

Can't say his skills and shape are tailor-made for League though. Tall, rangy and quick with a big boot. Will he play on the wing?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
He'd probably be similar to Pat Richards in League. Tall, rangy sort of bloke but I'd imagine Grant is quicker. Pity as I would have liked to see him in Super Rugby.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
That's big. Can anyone from Eastwood confirm that? He was a player with a bright future who could certainly make it at Super level. I suppose the lack of interest from Oz super sides pushed him to League.

Can't say his skills and shape are tailor-made for League though. Tall, rangy and quick with a big boot. Will he play on the wing?

I have heard the same thing

canowindra

Frank Nicholson (4)
As my name suggests, I come from the same town as John, and can assure you it is true. It is anticipated that it will take him a while to get used to league, as he has not really played since primary school, he will be playing in the backs, not necessarily as a wing or full back.

Cyril Towers (30)
As my name suggests, I come from the same town as John, and can assure you it is true. It is anticipated that it will take him a while to get used to league, as he has not really played since primary school, he will be playing in the backs, not necessarily as a wing or full back.

hmmm. He'll have to learn to tackle and to take a high ball under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.