• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012 ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Dallas pawley & tim metcher both left Randwick to join Southern Districts this week in search of an elusive first grade gig

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Does anyone know if the young flyhalf from Southern Districts is running around again this year (think his name started with a V - has Tongan heritage)? Thought he did really well in the games he was on tv last year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Does anyone know if the young flyhalf from Southern Districts is running around again this year (think his name started with a V - has Tongan heritage)? Thought he did really well in the games he was on tv last year.

I think he may have even been playing for Tonga in the Pacific Nations Cup.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought Volavola was a Parramatta player. I am sure the ABC commentators referred to him as having Tongan rather than Fijian heritage.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)

Was it Nicky Morath you're thinking of? I think he played for Tomga in the RWC but didn't he play somewhere else last year (Easts?)

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I thought Volavola was a Parramatta player. I am sure the ABC commentators referred to him as having Tongan rather than Fijian heritage.
Ben Volavola played 5/8 for Souths last year , the previous year he played 5/8 for Wests , & the year before that was at Newington college.
He is of Fijian heritage.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I heard there is a lot more too it than a 1st grade spot.Metcher was picked in 1sts.

You may be correct there in regards to Metcher, but i have spoken to Pawley and that was his reasoning. He would have had a good shot at 1s staying at Randwick, good player, good style of a bloke and plenty of potential!!

Also with Metcher, he is a good player, good credentials and the PERFECT build for a prop. Souths gain with that one, for sure.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just saw part of the replay, something wrong with Foxtel for some reason - did anybody else interstate have this problem? Eastwood might have gotten out of gaol in this one. Two tries beat three. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.