• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012 ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Parramatta have definitely lost the following:

Sione Taula - Canberra
Richard Just - Work commitments
James Riddell - Perth
Lua Vailoaloa - Melbourne
Tyler Stevens - Canberra

Unsure if they have taken appropriate steps to replace these guys or who they have picked up.
And Oleni Ngungutau

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Parramatta have definitely lost the following:

Sione Taula - Canberra
Richard Just - Work commitments
James Riddell - Perth
Lua Vailoaloa - Melbourne
Tyler Stevens - Canberra

Unsure if they have taken appropriate steps to replace these guys or who they have picked up.

Is Richard Just not playing for Parra really considered a 'loss'?

Would love to hear Ole Two Blue's thoughts on that?

E

ellabroz

Lua Vailoaloa is originally from the Moorabbin club in Melbourne where he played 1st grade as a teenager. It's understandable that he returns given he is no longer in the plans of the Samoan national team.

O

Ole Two Blue

Lua Vailoaloa is originally from the Moorabbin club in Melbourne where he played 1st grade as a teenager. It's understandable that he returns given he is no longer in the plans of the Samoan national team.

he knocked backed offers from Tasman and Taranaki to play in the ITM Cup..........to go back to Moorabbin.......

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Perhaps he went back to family, friends, familiarity ......

I actually don't think we as Aussies give enough credence to the consideration other cultures give to their families. I have a sneeky suspicion that this is one of the big reasons Diggers stayed in QLD Oz.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I actually don't think we as Aussies give enough credence to the consideration other cultures give to their families. I have a sneeky suspicion that this is one of the big reasons Diggers stayed in QLD.

A whole lot of Digby's relatives live in Vic, maybe his immediate family lives in Brissy. There's a mother of a Hooker running around Vic rugby who either Diggers' cousin or newphew (I forget).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
A whole lot of Digby's relatives live in Vic, maybe his immediate family lives in Brissy. There's a mother of a Hooker running around Vic rugby who either Diggers' cousin or newphew (I forget).

See edit. Yes I think he has a fair amount of immediate family in Brissy. But could be very wrong.

O

Ole Two Blue

Perhaps he went back to family, friends, familiarity and a spot in the Rebel Rising/State Side.

All in all a pretty sensible long term decision.

Must admit I do disagree. The guy wants to get to the Top 14 in France......and he certainly has the ability. I just think it's easier for him to get to where he wants to go from the ITM rather than Moorabbin or Endeavour Hills..............

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Is Richard Just not playing for Parra really considered a 'loss'?

Would love to hear Ole Two Blue's thoughts on that?
While they've gone, Parra has picked up some good young talent including Olmstead, Coleman and Setueni and have retained Rech who replaced Vailoaloa in the second half of 2011 anyway. There are a couple of Colts graduating to grade to watch as well including Tavola, a very talented wing/fullback. They have good depth across the park for the first time in a while, also some good new Colts and the first batch of Parra Academy graduates coming through. Still a work in progress but progress it is.

O

Ole Two Blue

While they've gone, Parra has picked up some good young talent including Olmstead, Coleman and Setueni and have retained Rech who replaced Vailoaloa in the second half of 2011 anyway. There are a couple of Colts graduating to grade to watch as well including Tavola, a very talented wing/fullback. They have good depth across the park for the first time in a while, also some good new Colts and the first batch of Parra Academy graduates coming through. Still a work in progress but progress it is.

thanks Ryan. thats pretty accurate. Rech is a future club captain, no doubt. Class player, class bloke.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Noticed on twitter the Two Blues had a good win yesterday over the Central Coast rep team.........anyone out there able to give us an update?

C

CoachTB

Noticed on twitter the Two Blues had a good win yesterday over the Central Coast rep team.........anyone out there able to give us an update?
Scores are correct. The Parra senior side had a lot of new faces from all accounts and amongst those who were not playing for Parra first up were Andrew Cox, Trent Hosher, Lemarn Ma'a, Ryan Aniseko, Maile Latukefu, Kaleb Rech, Tom Woods, Jesse Leota, As well as the Yakopo brothers. So I guess a good positive sign that they may in fact have some improved depth there.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Scores are correct. The Parra senior side had a lot of new faces from all accounts and amongst those who were not playing for Parra first up were Andrew Cox, Trent Hosher, Lemarn Ma'a, Ryan Aniseko, Maile Latukefu, Kaleb Rech, Tom Woods, Jesse Leota, As well as the Yakopo brothers. So I guess a good positive sign that they may in fact have some improved depth there.

Where has Alfred Paea, Ben Hewitson and Rodney Ma'a gone? As I thought they had just got to Parra last year.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Where has Alfred Paea, Ben Hewitson and Rodney Ma'a gone? As I thought they had just got to Parra last year.
Not sure about Paea but Hewitson came off the bench and Ma'a is recovering from knee surgery but attending training. They've split their 1/2 squad for the trials. A seperate group is playing Central West in Bathurst this Saturday.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Moorabbin or to Endeavour Hills where his brother is the 1st grade coach??
No clue hopefully Endeavour, they need more experienced talent. They have the best juniours in Vic consistently and needed to be moved to Prems to hold onto their players but they're not there yet as a seniour rugby club.

Must admit I do disagree. The guy wants to get to the Top 14 in France......and he certainly has the ability. I just think it's easier for him to get to where he wants to go from the ITM rather than Moorabbin or Endeavour Hills..............
I don't know this gentleman from a bar of soap so if that's his ambition then you're right. I'm merely speaking in regards to quality of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.