• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Uni just wore them down in the end. Universities experience got them over in the end but a good effort by a young souths team.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Went out to Concord today. Was cheering for Souths. Great atmosphere. Well done to Uni.
I really enjoy this type of rugby. The people attending are genuine. There is a great vibe. If the Tahs could tap into that their stadium would always be full and the kids loved running out on the field at half time.

SRU - can you open the oval behind Concord for parking next year? It was near impossible to find a parking spot on the suburban streets.

Cyril Towers (30)
Good grand final footy today and Souths really had a crack. Well done to Uni who answered the challenge and ground them down.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The Hobbits, The Students or Both?
Not the Hobbits, Assistant refs or touchies are a joke. How forward was the pass to Carter? As for Uni well done on the win, nice post match by Davidson but the rest of you should remember to congratulate the losers before you launch into celebrations. Not very classy.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not the Hobbits, Assistant refs or touchies are a joke. How forward was the pass to Carter? As for Uni well done on the win, nice post match by Davidson but the rest of you should remember to congratulate the losers before you launch into celebrations. Not very classy.
To be fair to the actual players, it was all the fans / other grades' players tearing in and surrounding them that created the melee which made it hard for the players to do the traditional post match hand-shakes etc...
Shame, as I agree it is part of the game.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I agree, it was also a criticism of the other Ivy league second and third graders. Premiers should be stoked but leave the chest beating for later.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Went out to Concord today. Was cheering for Souths. Great atmosphere. Well done to Uni.
I really enjoy this type of rugby. The people attending are genuine. There is a great vibe. If the Tahs could tap into that their stadium would always be full and the kids loved running out on the field at half time.

SRU - can you open the oval behind Concord for parking next year? It was near impossible to find a parking spot on the suburban streets.
Problems with Concord council this week .That area is usually open for parking.
Overall , a good day of Rugby, good atmosphere , decent crowd , & plenty of intensity in the game.
I prefer to watch this rather than super 15 .
I know some people criticise the SRU for playing the Grand Final at Concord , but it really is better than having this game in one of the large stadiums.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
that forward pass to Carter bordered on deliberate as he was 1m in front of the bloke when it was passed to him. Also can anyone tell me why the Souths scrum were penalised 5m out from the uni line (uni feed) with approximately 5 left on the clock. From my viewing on the ABC Paddy Ryan brought it down and not his Southern counterpart. The ref didn't appear to give a reason.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Would love to see people's combined Shute Shield Team of the year if anyone has time. I don't have the knowledge

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How did Cummins go? As you would think he will be in gold in 2 weeks with shippers finger the way it was last night.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How did Cummins go? As you would think he will be in gold in 2 weeks with shippers finger the way it was last night.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

pretty good, great defence, good attack but bombed an important try

Cyril Towers (30)
I thought Atieli Pakalani was MOM

Prediction: this guy will stay fit, get a contract somewhere and the Tahs will be blamed for letting him go

Agree Pakalani's was very good. But I thought Tilse was outstanding. It is possible that I had my blue and gold glasses on, though.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Would love to see people's combined Shute Shield Team of the year if anyone has time. I don't have the knowledge

I'll bite RV. I went for unsigned guys to Super Rugby as that is generally the criteria for the Sydney team.

1. Dane Marakai
  2. Scott Podmore
  3. Nick Lah
  4. Adam Coleman
  5. Liam Winton
  6. Trent Dyer
  7. Will Brame
  8. Lopeti Timani
  9. Mick Snowden
  10. Rohan Soifoloi
  11. Corey Brown
  12. Damien Fakafanua
  13. Jesse Leota
  14. Richard Hooper
  15. Jake Woodhouse
I'm sure people will have other opinions and naturally I welcome feedback. But I wanted to go with a stong set piece and pacy backline. The reserves I have worried about including but if I did, Volavola and Latunipulu would be in there as would Rech from Parra and Matwijow (is he unsigned)

Cyril Towers (30)
Not a bad side. Snowden is now signed with the Force and Lopeti is with the tahs. Matwijow is not signed as far as I know. I saw him at the game yesterday selling raffle tickets for Seti Tafua. He looks small for a super rugby lock. Only about 6ft 3ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.