• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
In any case interesting signing for the rats....pretty potent backline with angus and harvy but i wonder if everyone can fit in. More will be needed in their forwards though if they want to really suceed

marlin

Bob McCowan (2)
Unfortunately, and from some experience, a one off signing of a globetrotter (read mercenary) like Dave Harvey doesn't bring any immediate success. The Rats need to spend a helluva lot more time cultivating their massive junior base (3 times bigger than Manly's) to provide a repository of loyal and willing players who will easily transcend from colkts to grade. At Manly, Jordy Reid, Max Wood and Maile Halingalo are good examples of this - players who without Super Rugby may end up playing 200 grade games for the club. That is the future.....

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed but at the sametime its all well and good to say lets utilise our youth but in a game like rugby, a team can only have a class of so many students before your forced to call in another teacher

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
If it's the case that Harvey approached Warringah and not the other way round, then you'd have to ask the question how many other clubs would have knocked him back if he'd approached them....approximately none I'd reckon!
Sure he's got his shortcomings and he may be mercenary, but he's a good investment at club level and can win games off his own boot.

O

Ole Two Blue

If it's the case that Harvey approached Warringah and not the other way round, then you'd have to ask the question how many other clubs would have knocked him back if he'd approached them..approximately none I'd reckon!
Sure he's got his shortcomings and he may be mercenary, but he's a good investment at club level and can win games off his own boot.

I know one club that would!

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Interesting Parramatta knocking him back......harvey tryign to return home but at the sametime i find it hard to believe he would want to head out west considering he lives in the north

O

Ole Two Blue

Interesting Parramatta knocking him back..harvey tryign to return home but at the sametime i find it hard to believe he would want to head out west considering he lives in the north

since when is Winston Hills in the north?

O

Ole Two Blue

Is this a recent relocation I was under the impression he was living in the northern suburbs a year or two ago?

he's only lived there his entire adult life!

well except for when he's played overseas or interstate of course

Status
Not open for further replies.