• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)
I was talking to Mitch Greenways (gordon) dad last night at a xmas party and he wont be at gordon next year he has signed with the bay of plenty (itm cup) and has to be there in Feb so another good player leaves to play overseas, I would think a big lost to gordon.

B

BellyTwoBlues

I was talking to Mitch Greenways (gordon) dad last night at a xmas party and he wont be at gordon next year he has signed with the bay of plenty (itm cup) and has to be there in Feb so another good player leaves to play overseas, I would think a big lost to gordon.

that's great for Mitch. He's a great kid

it'll hurt Gordon too. even though they have Gordon Broome and Jack Dempsey coming through, Mitch is hardened established first grader.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The benefits of a season or two over in the Land of the Darkness will be seen when the individual returns to their Shute Shield club.

Short term pain for long term gain for the Gay Gordons.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
if gordon can just retain the majority of their squad i think they will see real benefits in 2 years time as most are just young bucks, especially that forward pack

B

BellyTwoBlues

if gordon can just retain the majority of their squad i think they will see real benefits in 2 years time as most are just young bucks, especially that forward pack

Definitely. But I'll think you'll find the majority of the SS teams are quite young compared to teams of the past.

But I do love how Gordon did use the age factor as an excuse this year. For the record we were younger with 9 of our regular 1st graders under 22. 7 of those were under 21.

Now before you start throwing grenades, my point is..............to quote the great talent spotter of the mungoes Arthur Beetson 'if they're good enough, they're old enough'.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
If they are backs I agree as they don't need to rely on their size as much as forwards but no matter how good of technique and skill you have. You will have your arse handed to you up front if you lack the muscle. And this sort of muscle comes for a lot of people with age

B

BellyTwoBlues

If they are backs I agree as they don't need to rely on their size as much as forwards but no matter how good of technique and skill you have. You will have your arse handed to you up front if you lack the muscle. And this sort of muscle comes for a lot of people with age

I don't entirely agree with that comment. But so be it.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Blacklock 20, Hoscher 21, Seteuni 21, Coleman 21, Olmstead 22 were Parra's tight 5 and they held their own in most games this year. They will be better again in 2013.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Blacklock 20, Hoscher 21, Seteuni 21, Coleman 21, Olmstead 22 were Parra's tight 5 and they held their own in most games this year. They will be better again in 2013.

However, they need more depth in that area. It was evident during the finals series teams really exploited their set piece. No doubt they'll be better for the year and improve in 2013

B

BellyTwoBlues

However, they need more depth in that area. It was evident during the finals series teams really exploited their set piece. No doubt they'll be better for the year and improve in 2013

And we've addressed it yes. Interesting the comment made about the targetting of the set piece in the finals. I'm assuming you saw both of our finals series matches then.

And correction to Ryan 09's comment. Olmstead was 21 this year and Coleman 20 for the majority of the season.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
New Randwick players for 2013:
Toa Asa – Penrith loosehead
Richard Aho – Penrith Tighthead
Junior Tavilli – Penrith Blindside
Harry Boileau – Easts, Scots College
David Horwitz – Scots College
Brogan Roods – Sydney Uni
Sam Latu – Newtown Rugby League
Toese Vousiutu – Easts

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Nick Seymour to the Rats. He and Hayden Wolfs????? were asked to leave Nths last year so don't know whether this is a good thing for the Rats. Is it possible that Seymour is another word for transient because this guy as well has played for everybody.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Nick Seymour to the Rats. He and Hayden Wolfs????? were asked to leave Nths last year so don't know whether this is a good thing for the Rats. Is it possible that Seymour is another word for transient because this guy as well has played for everybody.

Seymour plays clubs off against each other for $. He even wound up playing 2nd grade subbies last year for Hunters Hill who were paying him $450 a game! So I can assure you he has gone for the money.

Seymour & Wolfsburg are both kiwis.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
New Randwick players for 2013:
Toa Asa – Penrith loosehead
Richard Aho – Penrith Tighthead
Junior Tavilli – Penrith Blindside
Harry Boileau – Easts, Scots College
David Horwitz – Scots College
Brogan Roods – Sydney Uni
Sam Latu – Newtown Rugby League
Toese Vousiutu – Easts

Funny that Richard Aho gets picked to train with the Tahs after moving to Randwick.

Cheika here: http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/ns/story-fndpt9s1-1226538174032

“I want to find another player or two who can be at the level, if we can do that through this system we’ll show to all the players in club football, even colts, that there is a pathway to coming here. (ed. particularly if they come & join us at Randwick)

“It’s something I’m very committed to achieving. I want players to know that if they play well at their clubs, (ed. especially if they leave their current clubs and join us at Randwick) that they’re a chance to be sighted and be brought into the system (ed. as long as they are not at Penrith)

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Apparently Mike Dalton and Feltscheer have gone to Parra to team up with their old Colts coach, that man again. Belly. This bloke seems to be popping up everywhere. How many fingers does he have? They all seem to be in some sort of pie somewhere else.
interesting..... i'd be disagreeing on at least one of these

also very highly doubt the rats would pay big money for harvey or nick seymour. especially since luke holmes is still there

B

BellyTwoBlues

Apparently Mike Dalton and Feltscheer have gone to Parra to team up with their old Colts coach, that man again. Belly. This bloke seems to be popping up everywhere. How many fingers does he have? They all seem to be in some sort of pie somewhere else.

I can confirm these players won't be joining us in 2013. Maybe if we actually spoke to them we'd have been a chance!

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Word is that Nick Seymour has a contract in the UK and wont be staying at the Rats for the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.