• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013 Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure Heslop is as safe at Uni as you believe Bruce. Happy to be proved wrong, but there is speculation that he didnt take too kindly to being dropped and doesn't have a great deal of time for the incoming Head Coach.
I only expressed the view that he would not go to Easts, Knuckles. I very specifically declined to venture an opinion as to whether he might go to Parramatta. In the first instance I had knowledge that he had no intention of transferring to Easts. I have no such knowledge with regard to Parramatta.

When I hear rumours of players leaving Uni I never ask them about it or attempt to dissuade them. From time to time I am consulted by players in various sports considering a shift. When this occurs I try to give them honest advice after metaphorically taking off my Uni hat. Sporting careers are very short and players have to weigh up what is in their best interests.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
- Richard Aho, Junior Taavili, Toa Asa from Penrith to Randwick
- Penrith are struggling for numbers
- Eastwood looking to maintain their squad
- Easts apparently strapped for cash
- Gordon still an unattractive place to go and play for, struggling to gain signings
- Parra struggling for numbers at start of pre season
- Souths will retain majority of players

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Kerry Brady who is a very highly regarded administrator has been retrenched from Easts to save money
A few Easts players are looking for new clubs
Lotu the Randwick prop has joined Souths

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
- Richard Aho, Junior Taavili, Toa Asa from Penrith to Randwick
- Penrith are struggling for numbers
- Eastwood looking to maintain their squad
- Easts apparently strapped for cash
- Gordon still an unattractive place to go and play for, struggling to gain signings
- Parra struggling for numbers at start of pre season
- Souths will retain majority of players
Says who? I was at training last night and on Tuesday. Only 1's and 2's squad are training initially. They are definitely not struggling and there are several new faces. Colts has had over 60 in 4 sessions.

marlin

Bob McCowan (2)
From Manly's presepective Tim Lane will be the head coach in 2013. The squad in large part, with the exception of Super Rugby signings, will be the same for 2013, with the addition of more game time from Sam Lane (now a Waratah) and some other recuting as identified and targeted.

The benefits of the long term sponsorship with the Mounties Group will come to frution with outstanding yearly financial results about to be posted.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
How are Lane, Saifoloi, Volavola and Daruda all going to fit at manly?

Wouldn't be surprised if the two without super contracts are weighing up their options.

EDIT: Don't worry I had my teams confused.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure Heslop is as safe at Uni as you believe Bruce. Happy to be proved wrong, but there is speculation that he didnt take too kindly to being dropped and doesn't have a great deal of time for the incoming Head Coach.
He beeped 12.0 at EDS testing at Uni last night.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Kerry Brady who is a very highly regarded administrator has been retrenched from Easts to save money
A few Easts players are looking for new clubs
Lotu the Randwick prop has joined Souths

Lotu to souths.
So that's Nick Cummins, Afa pakalani and now Lotu to souths. Why did they jump ship? Payments maybe?

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Vizer was a little more opportunistic than the others, left Randwick stuck in second grade when it became apparent Sean Doyle was leaving the Rebels and clearly had visions of playing more first grade. Failed to cement the first grade spot and then walked out of the club on a thursday night training session after being named in third grade.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Vizer was a little more opportunistic than the others, left Randwick stuck in second grade when it became apparent Sean Doyle was leaving the Rebels and clearly had visions of playing more first grade. Failed to cement the first grade spot and then walked out of the club on a thursday night training session after being named in third grade.

not a good look

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
Norths have cut back on there rugby payments to players which is an environment that Dave Harvey does not play in so will go to the highest bidder. Good pick up for the Rats but Harvey does not come cheap.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
What is Harvey's day job surely he has got himself some other vocation by now as he he is no spring chicken. Also surely he could get a gig playing Championship in UK or France as I think he looked a better player as whole this year even got a bit of a running game.
Also how much could he possibly expect to command wage wise?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Harvey cannot play at any level above club rugby. Even there he can easily be exposed.
He's certainly not up to club finals footy, let alone Super Rugby or Pro rugby in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.