• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Gordon team looks pretty sharp going against Parra. Nathan Scarano used to play toyota cup for the tigers didn't he. Strong backrow for mighty rats. When Feltscheer chimes into the backline he'll run rings around harbour.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It means that they can count to five, and they can wrestle an opponent to the ground in a mass cuddle arrangement when two other mates join in on the cuddle.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's a bit harsh mate.
Cruel but fair.if they had succeeded at League,then they would be described as ex NRL players.
I read somewhere that 16% of Toyota Cup players go on to the NRL.
A good example is your Manly Marlins have an ex Toyota Cup player,running out in 4th grade this week.
There are also a few that I rate highly,that came through that pathway.
I just don't see it as a measure of attainment,when talking Rugby.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
especially for Penrith who have so many new payers from League

I wonder if that & the two recent episodes from Penrith are related,i.e the ugly behavior by them & their supporters in the final
of the Southern Districts 7's tournament, & that seen in the trial between them & Sydney University.
Is this an indication of what other teams can expect in this years Shute Shield?
BTW,I am usually a strong supporter of the Penrith club & their efforts to develop Rugby in the West.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Cruel but fair.if they had succeeded at League,then they would be described as ex NRL players.
I read somewhere that 16% of Toyota Cup players go on to the NRL.
A good example is your Manly Marlins have an ex Toyota Cup player,running out in 4th grade this week.
There are also a few that I rate highly,that came through that pathway.
I just don't see it as a measure of attainment,when talking Rugby.

Few more than Sione, have a closer look.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I wonder if that & the two recent episodes from Penrith are related,i.e the ugly behavior by them & their supporters in the final
of the Southern Districts 7's tournament, & that seen in the trial between them & Sydney University.
Is this an indication of what other teams can expect in this years Shute Shield?
BTW,I am usually a strong supporter of the Penrith club & their efforts to develop Rugby in the West.
If they don't sort out their behaviour they will be in trouble in a stack of ways. It will be a huge challenge to their leadership group. I will be out there (Penrith) again this weekend. We'll see.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Will be interested to see how Lala goes V Randwick in his new colours these weekend....keen for this game!

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Will be interested to see how Lala goes V Randwick in his new colours these weekend..keen for this game!
Word is that he has benefitted from a full preseason training with the tahs and is much fitter then he has been in a while, if he can recapture his 2011 form and stay injury free (went off wit injury last weeks trial) he will be a standout for the beasties. No shortage of talent.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
ag
Word is that he has benefitted from a full preseason training with the tahs and is much fitter then he has been in a while, if he can recapture his 2011 form and stay injury free (went off wit injury last weeks trial) he will be a standout for the beasties. No shortage of talent.
Agree. LaLa never looked that fit last year - thought he looked good in his cameo for Gen Blue.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Have to agree with you backrow. The Parra team, with the exception of the front row of Lemalu, Hunkin and Blacklock and the halves combo of Rech and Sam Yakopo are very inexperienced. Oh, plus Woodsy and Captain Cox and Maitaka and Dan Yakopo and Ma'a and Tiatia... hmmm it might be a good contest.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Have to agree with you Backrow. The Parra team, with the exception of the front row of Lemalu, Hunkin and Blacklock and the halves combo of Rech and Sam Yakopo are very inexperienced. Oh, plus Woodsy at 15 and Captain Cox at 6 and Maitaka at 13 and Dan Yakopo off the bench and Ma'a at 7 and Tiatia on the wing... hmmm it might be a good contest after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.