• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
8k you're dreaming. 5k will be very good. Probably 3k.

I don't know about that. I've lived here for 50 years, even in the past few years when Warringah have been towards the bottom we've drawn over 5,000. We haven't drawn as little as 3,000 for this match in the last 20 years at least. I think you underestimate the parochialism of those on the Northern Beaches.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
That would be an amazing crowd. Manly Oval is probably my least favourite ground to watch rugby so unfortunately I'll have to give it a miss. Is it the TV game?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
That would be an amazing crowd. Manly Oval is probably my least favourite ground to watch rugby so unfortunately I'll have to give it a miss. Is it the TV game?

Gee I've seen allot of posts saying how great it is down there, if the sun is out i'm tipping QH to be close to the mark. It will be huge.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Parking is difficult. The stand is oddly positioned. Viewing from ground level is not ideal. The cricket pitch is annoying. Don't like any cricket grounds much really. Yeah,that's about it. When I went there as a young bloke and drank loads of beer it was more bearable!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Parking is difficult. The stand is oddly positioned. Viewing from ground level is not ideal. The cricket pitch is annoying. Don't like any cricket grounds much really. Yeah,that's about it. When I went there as a young bloke and drank loads of beer it was more bearable!

Take the ferry. Enjoy the Harbour. Stop off at 4 Pines Brewery opposite the ferry terminal for a couple of pre gamers. Quality over quantity and the 4 Pines brews are real quality.

While they can't match the World Famous Emu Burger, Manly Oval Meat pies are some of the best in Shute Shield. Donner Kebab in the Corso on the way back to get the Ferry. Perfect day.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Missed 4's - but Manly got up.
3s went right to full time, and we were playing catch up the whole game. a couple of injuries in the backs saw new combinations needing to gel. goal kicking saw us come home on top.

2s fantastic display - dominant forward back, and backs running straight hitting the gaps, video of of that game needs to be sent to Cheika. Yes it is an incredibly strong backline (Swany, Vaevae, Hingano, Hooper, BJ), but they had loosies creating the go forward and then "earnt" the right to go wide running straight. Lost count how manly times Mitch Daniel & Rhys Dombkins held the ball carrier up to create the turn over.

1s the first 20 was a huge test in defense, the Wests huge front row hitting the line but sent backwards. Spending some time in our half defending gradually wore the Pirates down, first visit to the Wests half resulted in points - Northam turned on the gas after the ball came through the back line.
More D another visit and another try, with the 3rd coming on the stroke of half time. Kept the pirates scoreless until the last 15 and they went over for 3 try's - no donations next week.
Petersen, Bergelin, Sig lead the way up front, and Sef was again strong.
Last 40 against Uni - Uni 0
First 40 against Wests - West 0
Need a repeat of that 80 minutes next week in defense.

Club Championships tight at the top now.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

I've been going there since I could walk and talk. Me and my mates used to work in the scoreboard when Slaggy Miller was coach. Wouldn't swap it for any ground, anywhere; I just love the place.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Gee I've seen allot of posts saying how great it is down there, if the sun is out i'm tipping QH to be close to the mark. It will be huge.

And it will promoted in the Manly Daily all week. Will push the Sea Eagles off the back page on Saturday and probably Friday and Thursday as well.

And yes, I'm looking forward to it.

Jason Allen take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.