• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
HJ, I understand that is what Gunner was making reference to. So many people are critical of Uni, I also think that's what may have happened and I see that as a good thing and was simply intrigued.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
All ways interesting reading the ladder, on paper v on the paddock. It should be noted that the Emu's have scored enough points to challenge the top 6.
Manly will need to continue their defensive efforts when they travel out West, dominate in defence.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm wondering what the hell Wests are going to do when Dave Harvey goes to the world cup? I can think of no satisfactory replacement.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep I was there, he if I recall he was still on the park towards the end when Matty Lucas buried his shoulder into him in a great tackle.

Your comments about Uni doing it the right way, hoping so that is one of the reasons asked, it would be a positive note not dirty laundry note.
I doubt that they have speared him.
I was very critical of the players actions,and thought it deserved some sanction.
But showing him the door seems harsh to me.

Yikes

Stan Wickham (3)
Individual Discipline Record:
2 Red Cards have been issued to 1 Players.
1 Player has received 2 Red Cards.
0 Players have received 1 Red Card.
1 Player has received their Red Cards because of their second Yellow Card in the game.

Discipline by Round:
7 Yellow Cardsand1Red Cardswere issued in Round 7
4 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Cards were issued in Round 8

Did the same player who got 2xYC for Wests get a straight RC the very next week? How unusual.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Did the same player who got 2xYC for Wests get a straight RC the very next week? How unusual.
The player who received 2 yellow cards against Warringah was out injured the following week according to RUGBY NEWS & is named to play tomorrow.
So the answer to your question is no, he did not receive a straight RC the very next week,so not unusual at all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My bad. I counted West Harbour Round 7 team sheet and results as round 8 as well.

A correction will be posted to my overall summary above when I rework the all the figures.

I hope that is the only stuff up.

Edit: corrections have been made to the previous summaries 1 page back.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
John Fakai, and Jacob Woodhouse to carve it up in 4th grade for Manly tomorrow. Plus Chris Cocca makes his comeback from injury

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 Tips
West Harbour v Northern Suburbs. Norths have been erratic. Wests are due a win and should get up in a close one at Concord.

Gordon v Warringah. The Green Machine rolls on. Rats by a >15.

Penrith v Manly. MMM by > 20. Too fast, too fit, too structured.

Eastwood v Sydney University. Woodies could bounce back from the shock loss last week, but Students to win by 10 - 15. Students Bonus Point, Woodies no BP.

Randwick v Eastern Suburbs. Wicks have been inconsistent. Of late the home track advantage has meant little in this local grudge match. Beasts will be full of confidence and will fancy their chances, but without their Tahs it will be hard work, but I've got Beasties to sneak home by <7 in an ill tempered match.

Southern Districts v Parramatta. Game of the round. Hobbits at home are always tough. If the big bloke with the long name and dodgy hands is playing, I have the M2B to win by a bees reproductive organ. If he isn't playing, then the shoeless ones will sneak home by 7-12 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.