• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hmm I think this round has the potential for plenty of upsets.
Uni over Easts,only because Easts have disappointed most of this year.
Manly will make less mistakes to beat the Woods.
Norths will flog the Riff
Wicks v Wests is a coin toss IMO,so I will be taking the odds on Wests!
Souths should win over Parra,but could be a banana skin game for them.
Rats to squeek home v Gordon.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Weather forecast is not looking too good. I suspect that we may have a repeat of Rounds 3 or 7 with more than 1 oval closed by Council, or just restricted to First Grade only.

Games are at:
TG Millner - at least 2nds and 1sts will be on regardless, if not all grades. 3's and 4's may be moved to the top ovals.
Woollahra Oval - probably only 1st Grade will go ahead. Not a good ground when it rains.
Merrylands RSL Oval - probably all grade games will go ahead.
Nepean Rugby Park - Never seen it in the wet but it doesn't strike me as a ground that would slop up too much. Should get most grades played.
Concord Oval - All grades will probably be on. Excellent surface.
Rat Park - Council can be a bit protective of the surface and close it as a precaution. Possibly only 1st grade.

Hugh's tipping agency is closed for the moment, as it is busy recalibrating the tip-o-meter for the anticipated slop factor. Tips for round 13 to go up tomorrow.

if there's an inland tsunami the games will be off but if not, bring ya wellies!

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Weather forecast is not looking too good. I suspect that we may have a repeat of Rounds 3 or 7 with more than 1 oval closed by Council, or just restricted to First Grade only.

Games are at:
TG Millner - at least 2nds and 1sts will be on regardless, if not all grades. 3's and 4's may be moved to the top ovals.
Woollahra Oval - probably only 1st Grade will go ahead. Not a good ground when it rains.
Merrylands RSL Oval - probably all grade games will go ahead.
Nepean Rugby Park - Never seen it in the wet but it doesn't strike me as a ground that would slop up too much. Should get most grades played.
Concord Oval - All grades will probably be on. Excellent surface.
Rat Park - Council can be a bit protective of the surface and close it as a precaution. Possibly only 1st grade.

All grades on for West Harbour Vs Randwick but only 1st Grade at Concord Oval all others over the road

EDIT: Its FREE entry to Concord Oval as a result!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nailed them all last week including most margins except The Corporation were closer to the chocolates than tipped, and the Hobbits thrashed the Woodies by 1 point.

Round 13 Tips
Eastern Suburbs v Sydney University. Even with a weakened roster the Corporation came close at Coogee Oval last week, and they look a bit stronger this week in the backs division. Beasties have tonnes of potential but haven't realised it much this year. It will be a dire low scoring game in the slop that is a damp Woollahra Oval but I've got The Corporation by <7.

Warringah v Gordon. Rats will win comfortably by 10-15.

Parramatta v Southern Districts. How good are the Hobbits at the moment? Sorry M2B but your visitors will be the victors by 15+. The Maumalanga pot plants will thrive in the moist conditions.

Eastwood v Manly. Quite rightly the televised game because it is the Match of the Round. MMM will need to perform to establish themselves as the Premiership favourite and not the perennial chokers that they have been of late. Woodies will be keen to atone for their close loss to the Hobbits last week and will throw the kitchen sink at the MMM. Too close to call, so into the pocket I go for the Jarsometric Binary Decision Maker, and it comes up Tails for the Away Team. Marlins by <7.

Penrith v Northern Suburbs. Shoremen by lots. Next.

West Harbour v Randwick. Pirates at home, on a slippery deck with Dave Harvey back against the classy back row and slick but young collection of princesses in green that is the Randi-Wix makes for a tough game to tip. The heavy track may just tip things in favour of the Pirates who have been playing some good footy of late. Pirates by 7-12.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
1434775630952.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Good to see both teams and the crowd at Milner observing a minute's silence for Brian Cox who passed away last week.

One of nature's true gentlemen and a magnificent servant of rugby. First grade for Manly, NSW, Australia, grade referee, junior referee, touch judge for lower grades, longstanding club timekeeper and father of 2 wallabies as well.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ref blundered awarding a penalty for playing the ball in the ruck to Eastwood when clearly the tackled player didn't release the ball for Manly to pilfer!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ref blundered awarding a penalty for playing the ball in the ruck to Eastwood when clearly the tackled player didn't release the ball for Manly to pilfer!

Yes, but it's Andrew Lees and he struggles with the laws.

Manly are going to struggle to win this - the scrum is under pressure and the lineout is a shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.