1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Discussion in 'Shute Shield' started by Hugh Jarse, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

Click on link, hit contact, a guy on the right hand side called Tim - he'll confirm the sizes for you.
    I'm sure they will be - and I'll be there ensuring it is hand delivered.
  2. elementfreak Trevor Allan (34)

Unfortunately not for those of us in Melbourne. We have some AFL on instead.
  3. Strewthcobber Paul McLean (56)

Thought we might get it in Brisbane too as it's on the main channel, the TV guide has a replay of better homes and gardens instead

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
  4. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Which guide are you using? Yahoo has the club rugby on 7!
  5. Strewthcobber Paul McLean (56)

Not on mine? :(
    Unless I'm doing something wrong?
    [IMG]
  6. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Like most SS watchers I see one team and its players every week (ie Randwick) and the other teams once or twice a year live and a few other times on TV where the commentators frequently misidentify the players so it's hard to compare the weekly performance of players in my team with others.

I thought Horwitz had an outstanding start to the year due, I assume, to his involvement with the Waratahs but his form then became patchy. However, if you look at the past winners its not difficult to see how he polled well. He's the class act (on his day) in the team, is respectful to the referees, and never gets penalised. And Randwick looked a much better team when he was on the paddock.

Was he the best player in the SS this year?
    Probably not, but is the voting method likely to identify this player, I doubt it.
  7. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Looking through the list of Cathpole Medal winners provided by HJ, it looks to me as though it's never been won by a winger, only twice by a centre, and only once each by a prop and a hooker -- although there are a few players I couldn't place. Backrowers, 9s and 10s dominate the winners.

Not surprising that no winger has won it, but there must be some puzzled front rowers out there in Gaggerland at their lack of representation given the indisputable fact that all games are won "up front" ;)
    blindsider likes this.
  8. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

^^^ I must give credit where due.

The list of previous Ken Catchpole medal winners was provided last year by @isp resp loquiturin a post on the Shute Shield - 2014 thread. I just copied and pasted from their post and updated it for 2015. Simple.
    blindsider likes this.
  9. MACCA Ron Walden (29)

Would the Rams go beyond their feeder clubs? Options there. One wonders whether NSW country has feeder clubswith some its selections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    blindsider likes this.
  10. GunnerDownUnder Jim Clark (26)

Looks like Rams chose to reduce influence of woods this year and also go for a younger squad and omit older players
    blindsider likes this.
  11. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Bugger. It is on Prime in some regional areas. Sorry.
  12. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

Hope rugby is the winner this weekend.

6 months back we didn't think it was going to be on the box,
    We now have the Grand Final on Free To Air television - huge thank you to all clubs, contributer's, supporters, and sponsors who through out the season helped build it and make this weekend possible,

We have created the chance to promote our game,
    lets hope it is free flowing,
    with a great brand of rugby allowed to be played.
  13. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

2015 Grand Final Teams

First Grade
    15 Aug 15 3:00PM Manly v Eastwood Concord Oval
    Manly:
    1. Mitch Lewis, 2. James Hilterbrand, 3. Jerome Vaai, 4. Ryan Melrose, 5. Caydern Neville, 6. Harry Bergelin, 7. Mitch Daniel, 8, Daniel Alley, 9. Matt Lucas (capt), 10. Sam Lane, 11. Alex Notham, 12. Reece Hodge, 13. Dennis Pili-Gaitau, 14. Richard Hooper, 15. Brenden Hartmann
    Eastwood:
    1. Jed Gillespie, 2. Hugh Roach, 3. Martin Plokstys, 4. James Neale, 5. Jared Barry, 6. Michael Kovacic, 7. Hugh Perrett, 8, Joey Afualo, 9. Matt Gonzalez, 10. Jai Ayoub, 11. Nick Batger, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Mike McDougall, 14. Brad Curtis, 15. Ben Batger

Second Grade

15 Aug 15 12:50PM Randwick v Sydney University Concord Oval
    Randwick:
    1. Alex Iosefa, 2. Francois Coetzer, 3. Tristain Goodbody, 4. Lewis Taie, 5. Will Munro, 6. Josh Eden - Whitari, 7. Jack Johnson, 8, George Harrison, 9. Harry Boileau, 10. Kodie Hawkins, 11. Chris Taripo, 12. Sam Gerry - Burgess, 13. Lewie Catt, 14. Latu Latinipalu, 15. Sam Muller
    Sydney University:
    1. Alexander Batho, 2. Stewart Nutt, 3. Paddy Ryan, 4. Byron Hodge, 5. Matthew Philip, 6. Tom Shaw, 7. Benn Melrose, 8, Samuel Quinn, 9. Jake Gordon, 10. Jack Macklin, 11. Oliver L'Estrange, 12. James Swan, 13. Christopher Ingate, 14. James McMahon, 15. Matthew Narracott

Third Grade

15 Aug 15 10:50AM Eastwood v Eastern Suburbs Concord Oval
    Eastwood:
    1. Joel Whitlock, 2. Luke Ferris, 3. Dean Doumbos, 4. Nick Johnson, 5. Jack Warfield, 6. Rhys Allen, 7. Tom Murphy, 8, Lachie Cannell, 9. Gerard McTaggart, 10. Wes Sefuiva, 11. Mick Tamone, 12. Sione Fangia, 13. Tai Luani, 14. Ben Coady, 15. Jack Tourish
    Eastern Suburbs:
    1. Jake Turnbull, 2. Liam Berry, 3. Rhys Brodie, 4. Lachie Piggot, 5. Matt Mackay, 6. Nick Lumley, 7. Luke Callinane (C), 8, Sam Jackson, 9. Andrew Ferris, 10. Oliver Saunders, 11. Will Rayner, 12. James Devlin, 13. Matt Armour, 14. Dan Watson-Wood, 15. Dan Gallagher

Fourth Grade

15 Aug 15 9:05AM Manly v Eastern Suburbs Concord Oval
    Manly:
    1. Villi Vaka, 2. Dane Le Rougetel, 3. Jimmy Gentle, 4. Carlos Plate-Stanley, 5. James Watson, 6. Mark Watson, 7. Josh Littlewood, 8, Manual Castagnet, 9. Nic Smart, 10. Cameron Duffus, 11. Scott Clemmett, 12. Anthony Bergelin (capt), 13. Diego Argana, 14. Jack Eades, 15. Joe Metuisela
    Eastern Suburbs:
    1. Rhys Ward, 2. Luke Wilson, 3. Thomassi Kolo, 4. Mike Ross, 5. Oliver Daly, 6. Nathan Carroll (C), 7. Marcos Insau, 8, Alex Edmonds, 9. Steve Shapland, 10. Josh Harris, 11. Guy Robinson, 12. Matt Eaton, 13. Sam Devlin, 14. Scott Ferris, 15. Will Maddocks
    Blackers13 likes this.
  14. BellyTwoBlues Guest

funny how the only club to never win it is us.......
  15. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Anyone know which club currently holds the Roden Cutler Shield?
  16. Aussie D Dick Tooth (41)

Manly or Eastwood would be my best guess.
  17. Marlin Boy Bob McCowan (2)

Manly. Undefeated at home in regular season games for 2 years.
    Dave Beat likes this.
  18. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

We get reports on the blog front page from Schoolboy games.

How about the same for the Shute Shield GRAND FINAL?

Anyone going to Concord that can take some photos, and/or write a match report?
  19. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

I Cant Wait.
    Finishing Touches worked for years to build it, now it needs to be finished and polished - finishing touches.

Great Sean Malony clicp on the Marlins Face book page - my lack of IT skills cant get it on here.

mmmmmmmm.jpg
  20. Dave Beat Paul McLean (56)

I want the Hoooooooooper boys having a drink from some Silverware on Saturday night.