• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 13 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Eastern Suburbs 0 Sydney University 44
Warringah 38 Gordon 14
Parramatta 24 Southern Districts 50
Eastwood 43 Manly 16
Penrith 14 Northern Suburbs 90
West Harbour 36 Randwick 10

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Eastern Suburbs 10 Sydney University 14
Warringah 29 Gordon 7
Parramatta 31 Southern Districts 17
Eastwood 31 Manly 36
Penrith 5 Northern Suburbs 74
West Harbour 21 Randwick 76

JR Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Eastern Suburbs 17 Sydney University 20
Warringah 38 Gordon 15
Parramatta 12 Southern Districts 40
Eastwood 24 Manly 14
Penrith 0 Northern Suburbs 107
West Harbour 21 Randwick 13

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Eastern Suburbs 19 Sydney University 15
Warringah 14 Gordon 12
Parramatta 7 Southern Districts 45
Eastwood 26 Manly 0
Penrith 5 Northern Suburbs 38
West Harbour 25 Randwick 15

Round 14 Games - 27 June
Eastwood v Penrith
Manly v Eastern Suburbs
Northern Suburbs v Gordon
Randwick v Parramatta
Southern Districts v Warringah (Shown Live on Channel 7Two)
Sydney University v West Harbour

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The yellow card for Lucas's tackle was ridiculous -- it shouldn't have even been a penalty. Coaches need to tell their players to stop tackling low with any force as they'll be yellow carded if the ball carrier falls awkwardly.

Absolutely right, it was an absurd decision. Lucas did absolutely nothing intentionally - he just went low for the tackle close to the line.

A bit like a decision I think it was in Australia and Scotland in the under 20s when an Australian player was carded because th ball carrier, who was a fair bit shorter anyway, ducked his head as he went into contact. Thus there was contact with his head.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Nobody wants to see dirty play, but nobody (except the biased) wants to see a team penalised unnecessarily.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I would move Barry to #8 and bring up Tom Alexander

How about that hit from him on Treweek!

So would I. He is a beast, I think he has been a bit unlucky not to get into a Soup programme somewhere. That said, he did not shine in the NRC, so maybe this is his level. Either that or he should go to play in New Zealand for a season

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I just watched the replay of this scrum. Manly infringed by standing up and unbinding from the scrum. At this point, the scrum is over and can no longer continue. Therefore the referee has to stop the scrum and award a penalty for the infringement. In this case, it prevented a probable try. Therefore penalty try was the correct decision..
Agree with the above, however i thought a warning / reset is given first scrum. I've hear the commentators on many occasion reference on the third scrum

Absolutely right, it was an absurd decision. Lucas did absolutely nothing intentionally - he just went low for the tackle close to the line.

A bit like a decision I think it was in Australia and Scotland in the under 20s when an Australian player was carded because th ball carrier, who was a fair bit shorter anyway, ducked his head as he went into contact. Thus there was contact with his head.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Nobody wants to see dirty play, but nobody (except the biased) wants to see a team penalised unnecessarily.

I think if there was a big screen and he got to watch a replay it would have been a "good tackle Matty".

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I just watched the replay of this scrum. Manly infringed by standing up and unbinding from the scrum. At this point, the scrum is over and can no longer continue. Therefore the referee has to stop the scrum and award a penalty for the infringement. In this case, it prevented a probable try. Therefore penalty try was the correct decision.

Clearly you don't like Andrew Lees as a referee and that's your opinion but I am not sure that you need to tell us over and over again.

Had he waited another second or two, Eastwood would have scored. To my mind the scrum was still moving and Eastwood still had the ball under complete control. The Manly scrum was still in contact and moving backwards - not wheeling, not collapsing and they didn't stand up until the whistle went.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Porecki has got a gig at Saracens, well done to the lad, hard work pays off.
Pat heading offshore to? I cant believe the Tahs didn't sign him with Cliffy moving on.
Think today's game was a good game to have.

Not only hard work, he has talent to burn.

Not sure whether Sio qualifies for a Soup contract? We will really miss him.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not only hard work, he has talent to burn.

Not sure whether Sio qualifies for a Soup contract? We will really miss him.
Not a bad World Cup trip, play rugby, watch rugby, get exposure and learn truckloads. From what I read on MMM he can / is targeting a Soup contract for next year.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Lots of rumours circulating that ASADA turned up at Milner yesterday looking to test 2 players from either team. Can anyone confirm?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not a bad World Cup trip, play rugby, watch rugby, get exposure and learn truckloads. From what I read on MMM he can / is targeting a Soup contract for next year.

If and when TPN retires, the Tahs could have a pretty handy stable of hookers, Latu, Porecki, and Roach.

Redmond

Stan Wickham (3)
Was watching the Souths doctor running the sideline for second grade yesterday and then to hear the third grade referee who ran the line for first grade say I better warm up I've been sitting at McDonald's for the last hour.

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
I really worry about the future of our game when I see teams like Penrith get 90 put on them.

Something really needs to be done about rugby in Western Sydney when teams like Penrith and Parramatta are constantly uncompetitive.

It's just plain wrong when teams like Sydney University can field virtually a Super Rugby standard team on a regular basis and teams like Penrith can't even compete with a 7th placed Norths team.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I really worry about the future of our game when I see teams like Penrith get 90 put on them.

Something really needs to be done about rugby in Western Sydney when teams like Penrith and Parramatta are constantly uncompetitive.

It's just plain wrong when teams like Sydney University can field virtually a Super Rugby standard team on a regular basis and teams like Penrith can't even compete with a 7th placed Norths team.
SHire, it has been a while since we were able to run on a super rugby standard team.

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
SHire, it has been a while since we were able to run on a super rugby standard team.

I am just fed up of seeing Penrith and Parramatta constantly uncompetitive.

Seeing the Emus get 90 put on them by the 7th placed team is not a good look for the game.

The competition was becoming a joke at one stage with University occupying the top spots and Penrith still occupying the bottom places with little to no sign of improvement.

Whether we like it or not, rugby needs competitive clubs from Western Sydney for the sake of the general health and wellbeing of the game.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I am just fed up of seeing Penrith and Parramatta constantly uncompetitive.

Seeing the Emus get 90 put on them by the 7th placed team is not a good look for the game.

The competition was becoming a joke at one stage with University occupying the top spots and Penrith still occupying the bottom places with little to no sign of improvement.

Whether we like it or not, rugby needs competitive clubs from Western Sydney for the sake of the general health and wellbeing of the game.
I agree with you entirely. The free market is not working in favour of the west. Although I am not an economic interventionist, for the sake of our favourite game, there needs to be serious consideration to how to build up the west and south west. They are booming populations.
Maybe a good place to start would be to agree among Shute Shield clubs that they will not poach/accept transfers for a period of time. I think Penrith suffered badly in this regard between last season and this.
I have said before that I consider it a tragedy that Dave Dennis and Israel Folau and Kurtley Beale do not pull on the emus colours for photoshoots and development work, if not to actually play.

AdelaideRugby84

Chris McKivat (8)
I agree with you entirely. The free market is not working in favour of the west. Although I am not an economic interventionist, for the sake of our favourite game, there needs to be serious consideration to how to build up the west and south west. They are booming populations.
Maybe a good place to start would be to agree among Shute Shield clubs that they will not poach/accept transfers for a period of time. I think Penrith suffered badly in this regard between last season and this.
I have said before that I consider it a tragedy that Dave Dennis and Israel Folau and Kurtley Beale do not pull on the emus colours for photoshoots and development work, if not to actually play.

I agree, Folau and Beale in particular should be Two Blues and Dennis should be playing for the Emus.

With the booming population, in particular the Islander communities, the Emus and Parramatta should be a helluva lot stronger than they are.

Clubs like University, Randwick, Eastwood and to a lesser extent my Souths hoarding talent does nothing for the health and wellbeing of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.