• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Straight up the m2 from Coogee.
Actually I reckon it might be further from Death Valley than millner- there's acres and acres out there I hear, coach

22k from Death Valley to Rouse Hill Town Centre, 26k from TG Millner :)
Is Rouse Hill considered to be part of Parra's catchment area or the Woodies? I'm not really familiar with the western boondocks.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
22k from Death Valley to Rouse Hill Town Centre, 26k from TG Millner :)
Is Rouse Hill considered to be part of Parra's catchment area or the Woodies? I'm not really familiar with the western boondocks.

It's a very odd border between Parramatta and Eastwood. Take for example Hills JRFC who play out of Yattenden Park Baulkham Hills and North Rocks JRFC who play out of Kingsdene Oval North Rocks.

You'd assume (or at least I did), that Hills would be part of Eastwood and North Rocks would be part of Parramatta. However, the opposite is true.

So never assume.

(That's before we even talk about Hunters Hill being part of Northern Suburbs;))

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's a very odd border between Parramatta and Eastwood. Take for example Hills JRFC who play out of Yattenden Park Baulkham Hills and North Rocks JRFC who play out of Kingsdene Oval North Rocks.

You'd assume (or at least I did), that Hills would be part of Eastwood and North Rocks would be part of Parramatta. However, the opposite is true.

So never assume.

(That's before we even talk about Hunters Hill being part of Northern Suburbs;))

Rouse Hill is right next door to Hillsong isn't it?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And talking of geography, I wonder how many of you whippersnappers realise that both our game and the other code used to have a residential rule? If you wanted to play for Eastwood, you had to live within their official boundaries.

It goes without saying that this rule was circumvented hand over fist.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
And talking of geography, I wonder how many of you whippersnappers realise that both our game and the other code used to have a residential rule? If you wanted to play for Eastwood, you had to live within their official boundaries.

I believe rugby league had the same rule and at one stage half the St George team were supposedly living at Frank Facer's house.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Grass Roots - players giving back.

Fun, Community and Family - tick the boxes.

cc.jpg

Hey Mike,

I just wanted to touch base as we have just booked the boys in for another camp these holidays.

I wanted to let you know how much the kids are enjoying the camps and also the coaches. When I told them the camps were on again these holidays the first thing they asked was if the Marlin guys were coaching again especially Kotoni, Fraser, Matt, James, Sam, Harry, David and the others (sorry can’t remember all their names). From the last camp the boys are now so into the Marlins and feel like they really know these players now.

I have to say the these guys are awesome as now our boys are making us go down to every Marlins game at Manly as a family and watch them.The players are so good as the kids go up to them at the end of the game and these guys that coach for you always give them time. Whether it’s a quick chat or a high five, it seriously makes their day. Its now turned into about 6 families from our local area heading down to all the Marlins home games to watch. And three of the boys just had their 10th birthdays and all they asked for was a Marlins shirt and hat. Its great to see the boys now so into the Marlins and wanting to watch more rugby on the weekend with their local Shute Shield Club. ( They are no longer asking to go and watch the Tahs- its all about the Marlins).

My youngest has done a few weekends as being ballboy for the Colts games and loving that too watching the coaches play that are into the Colts.

I did have to laugh when Manly were playing Norths as we read out to the kids your Facebook post where you had which coaches were playing on both teams etc, and they were so excited to go to that game to watch all of you play.
Anyway I just wanted to let you know that the camps are having a big impact on the boys not only in deveolping their rugby skills but also getting them excited and passionate about the local Shute Shield teams and the game in general.

Thanks for all that you do ( although have to say I have definitely lost my full weekends to Rugby now. I think the record was watching 5 marlin games on one Saturday thanks to the boys being ballboys).
Big thanks to the coaches as well, working with the boys at the camps and then having them give the boys that little bit of attention down at the Marlins games and even some of them coming to watch the boys club rugby games makes the boys so passionate and excited about Rugby.

Thanks

Michelle

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

with a corresponding uni rule that you had to be at uni to play there

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
Time for Penrith to go to subbies.
Only two teams in grade and not very good at that.
Not fair to their players or the comp.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Time for Penrith to go to subbies.
Only two teams in grade and not very good at that.
Not fair to their players or the comp.

Wicks 3rds turned up expecting a non-comp game, but Penrith didn't turn up --- no notice to players or fans apparently.

Emus seconds only had 15 players, 1 walked off and so we then had uncontested scrums. One player appeared to be knocked out but got up and kept playing.

Huxley played 15 in 1sts, apparently due again to a player shortage.

Premier rugby is 4 grades and 3 colts --- Penrith are only competing in 2 grades and 2 colts. Total score yesterday: 325 to 31.

How long can this continue in Sydney's premier rugby competition?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Outstanding day at Rugby at Chatswood Oval yesterday for bragging rights on the North Shore.

Across all five grades played on the day it ended up 84 all.

1st,2nd, 3rd grade to Gordon, whilst 4th grade went to Norths after Gordon attacked from the in goal line after the bell at 15-15 and lost possession to let Norths score.

5th grade was a 5-5 draw.

Crowd figures were fairly healthy for the local derby.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Manly and the Rats both looked somewhat overawed by the occasion IMO.
Although the scores were close and the intensity high I didn't think it was a very entertaining game, as a neutral observer watching on TV. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.