• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Amazing effort by Southern. I only watched the second half, but from all accounts the first half was as good as the second, and the second half was just a wonderful exhibition of hard, fast, and competitive rugby.

The grass roots look okay to me.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Uni just hung on to win 4s, and it was all downhill after that.

Don't worry about the score in 1's, Uni were dominated in every aspect of the game. Heaven help them next week,when they have to pick their returning Tah players in 1's.........

Ever since they threw the playbook out to score 3 late tries v Easts, Coleman seems to have relaxed his insistence on just bashing and barging.
They left plenty of points out there today, because they created plenty more opportunities. I'm feeling a lot better about my $9 for the GF :)

Carter received a standing ovation when he left the field.

When he got a yellow for what appeared to be gobbing off at the ref.
Idiot.

W-TARED

Bob McCowan (2)
WTF are you talking about, sober-up before you post again, Rats smashed them, Carter is a f--- w--, and we all know it, And re; Easts we beat them 45-18, even without 3 late tries they would still be losers.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Fantastic game between Manly and Souths. Couldn't believe the Rebels got up, especially after the Marlins applied the blowtorch after half time. I think that yellow was the turning point and gave the Souths pack just enough of a sniff.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
WTF are you talking about, sober-up before you post again, Rats smashed them, Carter is a f--- w--, and we all know it, And re; Easts we beat them 45-18, even without 3 late tries they would still be losers.
Comprehension not your strong suit?
If you read it again, or get someone to explain it to you, you will realise we are in agreement.
i was talking about the draw with Easts 6? weeks ago.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fantastic game between Manly and Souths. Couldn't believe the Rebels got up, especially after the Marlins applied the blowtorch after half time. I think that yellow was the turning point and gave the Souths pack just enough of a sniff.
Spot on. It led to 2 scrum penalties against Manly and two tries. Bugger.
From where I sat, it was a legitimate yellow for no arms in a tackle.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hmmm.
Great D for 70 minutes, then in the last 8 min.
Loose a 2, and replaced with a very good 3rd grade 2.
Loose a 7, and replaced with a very good 2nd grade 7.
Down 2 a 7 man scrum.
Players don't acclamatise to the game or ref in 5 minutes.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That's the game, Dave.

I did not see the first half, but the commentators said at the break that Southern was on top for most of the half. I take it that you saw it differently?

It was an amazing win, no matter what happens with injuries and yellow cards, good teams just have to rise above it and win somehow.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
That's the game, Dave.

I did not see the first half, but the commentators said at the break that Southern was on top for most of the half. I take it that you saw it differently?

It was an amazing win, no matter what happens with injuries and yellow cards, good teams just have to rise above it and win somehow.

Nope they were.
We defended for 35 minutes.
Manly didnt do much wrong in that 35 minutes, just defended and keeping only one try against a good team was

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Where can you guys improve, Dave? Have you got some players coming back?

Not sure if Holloway will be back for Southern, but he and Carbone are a lethal pair at this level. (Carbone was my MOM).

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Where can you guys improve, Dave? Have you got some players coming back?

Not sure if Holloway will be back for Southern, but he and Carbone are a lethal pair at this level. (Carbone was my MOM).

That was a semi final type game - our D was rock solid in the first half, we should have kept the momentum going in the second half when we gained it.

That yellow and replacements in the last 10 cost us, it takes players time to acclimatise to the pace of the game. A front rower getting yellow can sometimes be like more than one player getting a yellow.

That was a great tight game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Nope they were.
We defended for 35 minutes.
Manly didnt do much wrong in that 35 minutes, just defended and keeping only one try against a good team was
I watched it very late last night.
Seemed to me that Marlins needed two intercept tries to win.
That's the skinniest Marlins bench I've seen for a long time.
Although Lucas will make a difference.
Seems strange that I'm almost ruling out the minor premiers a month before semi's.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Lucas will certainly make a difference. But the way that Southern managed to win away from home was not a good omen for the Marlins.

Anyway, looks like neither Eastwood nor the Corporation will be featuring very prominently. Although the latter will get a few back from the Terribles, presumably.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Uni only have a mathematical chance of qualifying.
They are done.
And the Tahs made things worse when they came back to the club last month.

KiwiBattler

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyway, looks like neither Eastwood nor the Corporation will be featuring very prominently.

I'd never rule out traditionally good sides during playoffs. In my mind anyone in the current top 6 could very feasibly win the whole thing. It looks to be too late for Uni though.

Status
Not open for further replies.