• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Norths won the rights to host the game, as I understand it. I would assume that they would keep the takings. But I sit to be corrected.

No, not Norths Rugby Club , but North Sydney Council who paid the SRU for the rights. The SRU also get the gate takings. Money from the bar & food etc. goes to North Sydney Council. North Sydney Council also pay for the overheads, e.g. security staff etc.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Was a great afternoon, however the catering was a fuck*ng disgrace. 45 minutes to get a beer, last year there were can bars but apparently these arent allowed anymore and they got hit with 30k of fines.

I like the idea of having a fenced off area with food etc

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Was a great afternoon, however the catering was a fuck*ng disgrace. 45 minutes to get a beer, last year there were can bars but apparently these arent allowed anymore and they got hit with 30k of fines.

I like the idea of having a fenced off area with food etc

For a stadium that sits idle for most of the year it's always going to be a massive struggle to feed and hydrate one off crowds of 16000.

Any visibility on Channel 7 ratings for the game yet? Watched it on TV and was a terrific advertisement for rugby. Hopefully plenty of other non rugby types happened you flick it on.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
For a stadium that sits idle for most of the year it's always going to be a massive struggle to feed and hydrate one off crowds of 16000.

Any visibility on Channel 7 ratings for the game yet? Watched it on TV and was a terrific advertisement for rugby. Hopefully plenty of other non rugby types happened you flick it on.
People actually talking about rugby at work: Shute shield!

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
Adams and Miller should both do well.

Smokie - Paula Balakana (Gordon) - very difficult for a winger to win such an award but he was outstanding all year - 22 tries for the year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Adams and Miller should both do well.

Smokie - Paula Balakana (Gordon) - very difficult for a winger to win such an award but he was outstanding all year - 22 tries for the year.

Ok - well its pretty clear I dont know anything about this and going on the last few weeks of form is not a sound approach.
Did you think the celebrations of a certain club's colts after Sunday's games was slightly over the top? The ABs werent as keen on themselves after RWC2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.