• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's good for the game, he said, through gritted teeth.

That's what the older Woods supporters were saying at Concord yesterday (you know the ones that BELLOW "C'mon the WOODS")

As well as Gee that was exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That's what the older Woods supporters were saying at Concord yesterday (you know the ones that BELLOW "C'mon the WOODS")

As well as Gee that was exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit like me. Sadly we were not able to be there. West Harbour have got our number this year, for sure. Hope they can upset a few more contenders before the finals!!! Spread the pain a bit!!!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Just noticed that Uni totaled 79 Player Points v West Harbour and 78 v Norths, but both Dean Mumm and Tom Kingston are listed as "0"points. They must be close to being over the "100" in both games :confused:

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It was also just pointed out to me (by someone who shall remain anonymous) that the Rats starting lineup v Wicks added up to 101 points, and 113 with their reserves included. In fact, if the NSWRU website is correct, the Rats have been over the PP limit for the last 3 games. How can this be?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It was also just pointed out to me (by someone who shall remain anonymous) that the Rats starting lineup v Wicks added up to 101 points, and 113 with their reserves included. In fact, if the NSWRU website is correct, the Rats have been over the PP limit for the last 3 games. How can this be?

Whats the ruling with this - does any one know?
Do fresh reserves carry different points to the players that have already played in 2's?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I don't think it matters whether they are fresh reserves or not anymore. I think this was changed last year (?) so that all players who take the field are now counted in the total whether or not they played a previous game that day. This was to overcome the loophole of club's running guys on for 5 minutes in a lower grade so they weren't then counted as fresh reserves.​

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Under the 2017 playing conditions, rule 7.3.2 states:
"A points cap applies to all players taking the field in each grade" (ie 1st and 2nd grade, colts1 and colts2)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
NSWRU have confirmed that all players who take the field are counted in the total player points whether they are fresh reserves or not. And the Rats are definitely under the points cap. Some errors on the website apparently.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Congratulations to Two Blues volunteer Denis Garlic " Muncher" , for being recognised at the NSW Sports Awards. Muncher was awarded the Distinguished Long Service Award.
Muncher played over 300 games for the Two Blues and upon retiring in 1984 started volunteering running water for 1st grade and assisting the trainers. Muncher is at every training session and every game.

Well done Mate...... Parrramatta and proud.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Congratulations to Two Blues volunteer Denis Garlic " Muncher" , for being recognised at the NSW Sports Awards. Muncher was awarded the Distinguished Long Service Award.
Muncher played over 300 games for the Two Blues and upon retiring in 1984 started volunteering running water for 1st grade and assisting the trainers. Muncher is at every training session and every game.

Well done Mate.. Parrramatta and proud.

Is he still wearing his Dunlop Volley tennis shoes?

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just noticed that Uni totaled 79 Player Points v West Harbour and 78 v Norths, but both Dean Mumm and Tom Kingston are listed as "0"points. They must be close to being over the "100" in both games :confused:

the old saying "those who live in glass houses aught not to throw stones"comes to mind. Check your own players points especially in colts.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
the old saying "those who live in glass houses aught not to throw stones"comes to mind. Check your own players points especially in colts.

Checked round 13.
David Horwitz and Ben O'Donnell points missing in 1st grade --- lifts total to about 79, well under the 100.
Jesse Harris missing in 2nd grade --- lifts total to 54 (<60).
All colts have points and both totals under the cap.

Are you referring to another round?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Just noticed there is a Category G in rule 7.1 Premiership Points System which states:

"Any player who plays 1st grade for the last place team in 2017 who then plays for another club in 2018 will automatically have a Premiership Points System loading of 20 points."

This applies to players who play at least 8 1st grade games.

So, assuming Penrith finish last, they will have a better chance of hanging on to their players next year.

Interesting :cool:

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
BTW, I assume loyalty discounts would apply to Mumm and Kingston (see my post #1526 above) which would keep Uni below the 100 points cap.

KiwiBattler

Bob McCowan (2)
Sounds a bit like me. Sadly we were not able to be there. West Harbour have got our number this year, for sure. Hope they can upset a few more contenders before the finals!!! Spread the pain a bit!!!

I was at the home game v West Harbour earlier in the year. West Harbour played an excellent game and broke the line countless times. Eastwoods kicking also wasn't fantastic but it would be disingenuous to suggest it was all on him.

What stuck out to me more than anything was the noise from the crowd. As West Harbour started to believe, their little quarter of the grandstand opposite the clubhouse started to get loud. I counted no more than 50 to 100 people and they were making significantly more noise than the hundreds of Eastwood supporters at their home game.

I couldn't help but feel that some crowd noise could have really helped Eastwood hold the game. When you're on the field and everyone is yelling for you it really can make a difference. In schoolboys all it takes is a couple of class clowns to get everyone revved up, what is the adult equivalent? :p

Eastwood also have the home advantage of a true rugby field; fans are super close to the players and their cheers are easily heard. Comparatively I was at Norths v Manly at Nth Syd oval a couple weeks ago - if the stands aren't packed it's really difficult for them to simultaneously make much noise even though there's plenty of people there (i.e. the crowd is spread out and quite far from the field).

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Good point about North Sydney Oval, KB (Kurtley Beale).
I was there for Wicks v Norths earlier this year and you could have heard a pin drop most of the time. It was ladies' day, so maybe there were some distractions!

21mmstuds

Stan Wickham (3)
Re: Quick Hands post #113 on the Waratah 2018 thread.

I know players and I am a long time supporter and yes there are rumblings about the culture change at the club, but something has to change, I'm sure you like me are pretty sick of seeing my team loose the last three or four games straight, and bow out of the finals with our tails between our legs. If Colman can get us deeper into the finals using fresh reserves then so be it.(blame Uni for starting that particular arms race several years ago) Success has to start somewhere, if that means bringing in some older hands to create a stronger club in the future, then so be it. It may weaken 2nds but they are still in finals striking range, and 3rds are top of their table...and Turtle is doing a great job to!!...ho-hum time for another beer.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Where I'm from fresh bench players depends on your club's numbers, the quality of the numbers, and how the lower graders are performing.

I think it's common sense to take a utility front rower, utility forward, and a utility back as fresh benchers. If a bloke goes down in the first half, the 2nds bloke could be playing more than 2 hours of footy in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.