1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Discussion in 'Club Rugby' started by Dave Beat, Dec 27, 2018.

1. RebelYell Jim Clark (26)

I was impressed with his couple of appearances at the Rebels last year too. Shame. Good luck to him
    wamberal likes this.
  2. The Honey Badger Peter Fenwicke (45)

3. John S Watty Friend (18)

Will be interesting to see how that goes. Would be good to see them back in, but not confident that they'll be competitive and will continue being the cellar-dwelling whipping boys of the comp (that's not good for anyone). Need to see what has changed.
  4. Peter Thomas Frank Row (1)

He will be back, I’m told
  5. the baz Alfred Walker (16)

Any movement in the coaching ranks for 2020?
  6. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

Marlins in the market for a coach
  7. Eyes and Ears Arch Winning (36)

Todd Louden to Souths
  8. Eyes and Ears Arch Winning (36)

Probably time for a new thread
  9. Crashy Jim Clark (26)

I would have thought Penrith would have had a crack at subbies for a couple of years - start in Div 3 with 4 teams, build the foundations and move up through the divisions, win the DIV 1 club champs and then get accepted into Shute. I think its crazy they didn't at least stay alive in subbies..
    John S likes this.
  10. John S Watty Friend (18)

You're not wrong
  11. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Any Two Blues people know what's happening with Granville Park?
    I just drove past there and although the buildings have gone there's no evidence of any construction and the playing surface is overgrown.
  12. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

I just googled it, apparently the facility is being improved. Apparently it will be renamed "Cumberland Oval".

I still prefer Death Valley.
  13. Lindommer Andrew Slack (58)

Two Blues (recently known as Western Sydney Blues) would be much better off moving to Castle Hill Showground while wrangling some sort of deal for a decent grandstand cum facilities block. Then they could be known as Blue Hills Rugby. :D
  14. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

That is our territory, mate.
  15. the coach Dick Tooth (41)

Yes, I know its being upgraded, but it must be well over 12 months now since the Two Blues moved to Lidcombe Oval (we played them there in 2018 and this year) and the work seems to have stalled.