• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Yep hes in the western force academy. Already making his shute shield 1st grade debut is a huge achievement. Genuine attacking and defending threat, will be interesting too see when Fowler gets called up for first grade seeing as he's already in the Aus u20s camp. I've heard hes young for his year right?
I just noticed there is 3 Western Force Academy players in the Sydney Uni team. Are they flying back and forth every week?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yep hes in the western force academy. Already making his shute shield 1st grade debut is a huge achievement. Genuine attacking and defending threat, will be interesting too see when Fowler gets called up for first grade seeing as he's already in the Aus u20s camp. I've heard hes young for his year right?
Think so. Will have Bowen, Lynagh and Mason Gordon also competing for the 10 job with the U20s so it's hard to see him being there in the final squad. I think he will get a few games in 1st Grade at some point. Uni don't have many Super Rugby guys coming back in the backline.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I just noticed there is 3 Western Force Academy players in the Sydney Uni team. Are they flying back and forth every week?
If there's no Academy/Force A games on maybe it's a better place to have them play. If they are development squad players they don't training with the Super Rugby Squad every session anyway.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Jack Bowen is cooking Uni. Brilliant passing game.
I do agree with the comments about playing 80 minutes at club level, it's clearly improving Bowen and Wilson's game. Leahy from UNI also had a great debut with a try. Was interesting seeing Fowler play 20 minutes for 1st grade, as the commentators have said, he will improve and gain more experience. It goes to show how absolutely insane the Joeys backline for 2022 was.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah it's a fair point. If Edmed was fit I'd play him and keep Bowen playing 80 mins in club rugby but Donaldson needs to be replaced.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
F331804D-104A-4886-9994-A2C798B53F4E.jpeg

Hunter keep the train rolling.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Bowen deserves a starting chance for the Tahs. Donaldson though sufficient overnight just doesn't cut it at the next level.
Fowler and Leahy good footballers but not first graders and showing with Uni struggling. Should be playing Colts but points stopping that.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Bowen deserves a starting chance for the Tahs. Donaldson though sufficient overnight just doesn't cut it at the next level.
Fowler and Leahy good footballers but not first graders and showing with Uni struggling. Should be playing Colts but points stopping that.

the tahs 10 jersey is becoming like a bad nrl's clubs 7, they just keep turning over young kids on the promise of the next one coming through

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The way Lolesio is playing for the Brums I expect to hear any day he’s going to Japan.

It will piss me off to no end if I then see Bowen playing for them but it’s the exact thing ACT have proven to be so good at

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
The way Lolesio is playing for the Brums I expect to hear any day he’s going to Japan.

It will piss me off to no end if I then see Bowen playing for them but it’s the exact thing ACT have proven to be so good at

That side y day could easily win the comp & bomb out in dramatic fashion. They just want to put the foot to the floor for 80 min! helps when Wilson, Bowen & Moses have so much front foot ball.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
That side y day could easily win the comp & bomb out in dramatic fashion. They just want to put the foot to the floor for 80 min! helps when Wilson, Bowen & Moses have so much front foot ball.
Happens with young teams. The more they play though the stronger they’ll get and less likely the bomb out becomes.

Not an Easts fan but I love watching young touted players perform.