• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah I was disappointed to see that Joe is going for a D'Arcy & BOD midfield just over a year out from the RWC. At least this year D'Arcy has been playing well enough to justify a spot on form.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah I was disappointed to see that Joe is going for a D'Arcy & BOD midfield just over a year out from the RWC. At least this year D'Arcy has been playing well enough to justify a spot on form.

I think Marshall does everything that D'Arcy does and more its just that there is more instinctive trust in the Sexton, D'Arcy, BOD defensive system which will be crucial this week. Last week BOD came inside to Marshalls man a few times because he didn't trust Marshall to make the tackle, Wales would have punished these mistakes.

Its disappointing we are still persevering with them but I expect we'll see a lot more of Marshall in this tournament, BOD's successor for the 2015 World Cup is not yet Irish qualified and his long term replacement is injured.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I think Marshall does everything that D'Arcy does and more its just that there is more instinctive trust in the Sexton, D'Arcy, BOD defensive system which will be crucial this week. Last week BOD came inside to Marshalls man a few times because he didn't trust Marshall to make the tackle, Wales would have punished these mistakes.

Its disappointing we are still persevering with them but I expect we'll see a lot more of Marshall in this tournament, BOD's successor for the 2015 World Cup is not yet Irish qualified and his long term replacement is injured.

Surprised to see Marshall omitted but can see the reasons in selecting D'Arcy.
Is BOD definitely calling it a day ? If he's still performing to a good standard won't the RWC be a good way too bow out ? It's not too far away.
I guess he's hoping for an Irish championship/slam to go out in style this season maybe.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Disappointed Marshall has been dropped, his kicking game would have been useful. D'Arcy needs to get the defensive line up quickly and aggressively.
He needs to use his influence to keep his centre partner out, if BOD starts shooting, as he has been doing this season, the giants on the wing will tear Ireland to shreds.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Have been affected by an uncontrolable wave of optimism since Irish team was announced. Since this condition is usually a prelude to crushing disappointment I've developed a few mantras to put the gnome back in his box. Murray better than Philips. Sexton better than priestland. These work well but everywhere else I think we re on a par or better..... so the upshot is this isn't helping.

Provided that Ireland don't run riot for 50 minutes then it's going to come down to fitness and use of the bench. C'mon wales!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Surprised to see Marshall omitted but can see the reasons in selecting D'Arcy.
Is BOD definitely calling it a day ? If he's still performing to a good standard won't the RWC be a good way too bow out ? It's not too far away.
I guess he's hoping for an Irish championship/slam to go out in style this season maybe.

From a purely selfish welsh perspective I'd like to bod continue

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently Adam has sustained a head injury and may wear a scrum cap. Could be a great ploy to distract the Irish, who will be falling about laughing

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Apparently Adam has sustained a head injury and may wear a scrum cap. Could be a great ploy to distract the Irish, who will be falling about laughing

Can't possibly be as funny as RWC in 2003 (i think or was it 2007) with his fully braided head of hair ! :)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
IMHO the regions have been and always will be a waste of time. Back to clubs, let's call them Cardiff, Newport, Llanelli, Neath and the other one

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
image.jpg

There is an uncanny resemblance between Lancaster and Arnold rimmer. And whist I'm on the subject, have Scott Johnson and Gerard depardieu been seen in the same room. Might explain strange selections

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The run up to this game has been strangely free of the usual hatred and loathing. I blame the lions tour. There's significant proportion of this Irish team that I greatly admire. Fortunately I despise Barnes the ref

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The run up to this game has been strangely free of the usual hatred and loathing. I blame the lions tour. There's significant proportion of this Irish team that I greatly admire. Fortunately I despise Barnes the ref

As do the kiwis.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Heh, except for the hatred of the Englishman.

The forecast on Google says that the weather in Dublin is 8 degrees, or thereabouts, with light showers forecast? I hope this match is not played in the mud; it would be a shame considering the two teams are in good form.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The press are trying to dredge up the Gatland BOD rivalry but it is a load of bollix. There are a fair whack of Irish supporters who couldn't give a fuck about the Lions anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.