• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Going to wait and see what happens in Rome before making any predictions about Paris. Would not be surprised if England won by 50+ points but would be disappointed. Have a sneaky suspicion Scotland might run Wales very close today.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Going to wait and see what happens in Rome before making any predictions about Paris. Would not be surprised if England won by 50+ points but would be disappointed. Have a sneaky suspicion Scotland might run Wales very close today.

Don't need to be a great pundit to predict that ! :)
Scotland have definitely improved attacking wise, both centres are decent and their back 3 is dangerous.
Their pack has always been a handful of course.
I can see Wales losing today, Gatland in his wisdom has selected his favourite young prop Rhodri Jones at tighthead in place of Adam. Rhodri is a fantastic athletic modern prop - big, mobile & powerful. Unfortunately though he can't scrummage too well which kinda negates the pluses. I've a feeling Grant will give him a lesson today.
Wales have been treading water all season really & could do with a real kick in the arse ! Too many players comfortable in the knowledge they won't lose their place however they play.
Gotta say I've always loved A-W Jones as a player but on form I'd have put Jake Ball in ahead of him. Ball was one of the few forwards to stand up to the English last week and put in some big hits. Ball & Charteris worked well in tandem against the French too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not sure scraping over the line once and getting an illegally scrummaging loose head and Roman Poite perfect storm shows the tactic is alive and well. I mean that Wallaby side was the worst in the professional era! The Lions should have won that series 3-0 comfortably, instead they were a Kurtley Beale slip away from losing.

Gatland and Wales problem is that they have no plan B when the primary tactic of going from side to side isn't working, this isn't helped by the fact that only Halfpenny has an international class kicking game. I'll be interested to see how they go in South Africa with him. Gatlands selection hasn't helped either, firstly bringing his favourites back as soon as they can and not letting them get some match fitness in and secondly Rhys Priestland being one of his favourites. Wales have such a simple, occasionally hugely effective gameplan, that is so well drilled once it isn't worked they don't know what to do. There is no creativity there which is unusual for a Welsh team.
C'mon. Which prop forward doesn't scrummage illegally.

It's been said countless times on this forum that wales were weak at half back and the mystery of cements selection is his loyalty to priestland.

The other thing that bardon has completely right is the need for fitter forwards. Well Tim Cymru have six changes but there's no point blowing 3 wins. Losing to scots would be national disaster.

Looking forward to France game. For the sake of justice and the game have to hope Ireland win. But who knows. Psa might pull something out of his arse

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
England did well but feel for Italy, they bombed a couple of excellent try scoring opportunities in the 1st 20minutes which could've made all the difference to them. Once the English scored a couple themselves the heads went down.
Ireland's to lose now. Go green !! :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
One viewing of lord bald after the English game is enough to banish any thought of supporting the orcs. C'mon ireland

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
England had me worried, good to see an Italian rally. Nervous as f*** had planned on getting a few hours kip apres Tahs game, that isnt happening

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Unless wales have a brainfart they are not going to lose. Gatlandball played as it should be. Philips still has to give up kicking tho

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cracks papered over for Wales, Gatlandball may work against Scotland but nothing has changed in the game plan that will scare the big 3 for June and November.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cracks papered over for Wales, Gatlandball may work against Scotland but nothing has changed in the game plan that will scare the big 3 for June and November.
Come off it. What are we supposed to do. Lose? Score less tries. We re playing Scotland with 14

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scotland have to go to 10 man game. But with a man down in the backs no hope. I'd sub a forward for an extra back. Which makes it difficult to get any drive forward

Status
Not open for further replies.