• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle at all. Cracker of a hit.

I looked at the replay in Shelts89 post, and it seems Lawes is launching himself at Plisson while Plisson is in the act of swinging his arms across his body to pass - and the ball is still in his hands.
Legal tackle. Unfair - yes. French forwards should take appropriate remedial action!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
One thought struck me as I was pretending to work and watching replays. If we are going to see a repeat of consecutive games like that in the future something is going to have to be done 1) about watching unusual betting activity on the games and 2) an integrity commission established to investigate match fixing. Not suggesting for a second that any of the teams Saturday threw the games but I can see circumstances where individuals might, specially in a game where the laws are so complex refs can basically decide the outcome of any match. When they and the team with nothing to win know what score teams are aiming for one could imagine them arranging it very easily. Whilst we might not wish to believe it possible in rugby, match fixing has raised its ugly head everywhere else. Imo, despite the excitement that built through the night, I believe that simultaneous time tabling of fixtures is safer

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Having the games on at the same time certainly would remove the factor of teams knowing what they needed but it would significantly reduce the audience for the games. Irish people would have watched Ireland V Scotland only, Welsh - Italy v Wales etc. While Saturday's set up kept everyone enthralled for over seven hours.

Match fixing is something we definitely have to be aware of, especially once the Olympics raises the profile of the sport. It will have to be at all levels though. Finding out that players from two minnows conspired at a RWC to fix how many lineouts were stolen would still be pretty damaging to the games reputation.

In the future the game will probably be forced to have silmultaneous games to end games in the 6Ns and RWC pools. It would probably be difficult to do it in TRC though.

For now I'm just going to enjoy days like Saturday while I still can and hope that this is one issue where World Rugby will take a proactive stance.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
S impossible. Best you can do is pick a 'where wouldn't I pick current Irishman xv'.

I just tried that and I only dropped Devon tone for awj. Tried it for Wales and ended up with two new props and for England they got foxy as a new outside centre, warbs for Haskell and replacement for Hartley.

It was certainly a tough task but the team is picked. Check out Lee Grant's excellent article:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/six-nations-team-of-the-tournament-2015/

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Very strong team in that link. I might not agree with all of them, but I can certainly see the reasoning behind the picks.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Shame that some of the England players have felt the need to criticise the efforts of their fellow pros in Scotland and Italy. France made the grand total of 104 tackles with 81% success compared to Scotland's 155 at 87%.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Shame that some of the England players have felt the need to criticise the efforts of their fellow pros in Scotland and Italy. France made the grand total of 104 tackles with 81% success compared to Scotland's 155 at 87%.

Have they? I haven't heard any of this. Doesn't look good if they have, I wouldn't want that from my national team. And I have always thought that the team has been doing a job to come across as good eggs under Lancaster.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Have they? I haven't heard any of this. Doesn't look good if they have, I wouldn't want that from my national team. And I have always thought that the team has been doing a job to come across as good eggs under Lancaster.
Article in the Torygraph, I would put a link up but on phone. Richie, credit to him, is not blaming anyone else though.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
I'll have a looksie later. Disappointing, I don't want to think there is any sort of match fixing in the sport.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It is complete nonsense. Scotland were battered by a relentlessly accurate Irish performance: the Scots only got two scrum put ins. The Scots made 155 tackles at 87% compared to France 104 at 81%. It is sour grapes, sad to say.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
It is complete nonsense. Scotland were battered by a relentlessly accurate Irish performance: the Scots only got two scrum put ins. The Scots made 155 tackles at 87% compared to France 104 at 81%. It is sour grapes, sad to say.

Sad to hear, I mean Stuart Hogg clearly needs to practice holding onto a ball but that's just for the good of his own game you know :p

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sad to hear, I mean Stuart Hogg clearly needs to practice holding onto a ball but that's just for the good of his own game you know :p
Stuart Hogg would be a great player in any national side but Scotland. These days it's harder and harder for the Mavericks to shine unless the back row forwards are cohesive. Players like Hogg make breaks all the time but just get isolated and turnovers are almost guaranteed

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Stuart Hogg would be a great player in any national side but Scotland. These days it's harder and harder for the Mavericks to shine unless the back row forwards are cohesive. Players like Hogg make breaks all the time but just get isolated and turnovers are almost guaranteed
I was making a joke based upon Heaslip knocking the ball out of his hand meaning England needed an extra try. But yeah I really like Hogg as a player, as you say its just plain unlucky for him to be Scottish!

Status
Not open for further replies.