• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You presume Georgia would allow any play in the backs, H35. Surely they'd spend 75 or so minutes mauling, rucking and scrummaging. :rolleyes:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Georgia would have a strong case for playing a home & away series in November against the bottom-ranked 6N side (aka Italy) for a spot in the following tournament. I'd also like to see a T1 nation or three add Tbilisi to their EOYT itinerary.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I think Georgia would have a strong case for playing a home & away series in November against the bottom-ranked 6N side (aka Italy) for a spot in the following tournament. I'd also like to see a T1 nation or three add Tbilisi to their EOYT itinerary.
Was thinking about just what you suggested. I think the playoff, not for a spot, but to prove the ability to take a spot makes sense. It is a huge move to punt someone who may or may not be the sixth worst team in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think there needs to be changes to Yellow Card laws.

Samson Lee was in the Bin for about 4 minutes of actual game time because the ref doesn't stop the clock in "the last play".

Probably need it to be switched to Yellow Card in the last 10 minutes sees you out for the remainder of the game.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
and people say our game is hard to understand, just get them to watch the last bit of the France - Wales game, say from about 78 to 99 mins. !

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So much nonsense, Barnes was clearly pissed off with almost literally everything, but because it was all to the letter of the law, couldn't do much.

As I said before, key change would be a rewording of the yellow card laws. Samson Lee was off the ground for the equivalent of about 4 minutes of play had the card been given before the siren.

Every other piece of the mess was a series of good/well intentioned laws combining in the ugliest ways possible.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ah England, no Grand Slam for you and no outright ownership of the test record either. A pretty good day all round really!

Wasn't the greatest spectacle to be honest though. Ireland did really well to smash England off their game and not give them a moments peace. Gotta say that the Poms didn't really impress me either, especially in comparison to how good they've been over the last 12 months. They're absolutely beatable with the right game plan.

front row lova

Bob McCowan (2)
Wales reckon the subbing of Uini Atonio towards the end of the match wasn't quite kosher:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/davies-howley-suspicious-of-france-substitution/

Six Nations are investigating:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/six-nations-investigating-atonio-substitution/

Short version: French AC left the coaches box & spoke to their doc who shortly thereafter went on field & took Atonio off for a HIA, allowing the previously-subbed Slimani back on for the final few scrums.

hahahahah don't blame em, gotta get the best tighthead scrummager in the world on the field no offence Atonio.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
What about England v the All Blacks as warm up match?

Tell me it wouldn't generate huge interest. Ediie would be whipping the media into a frenzy.

I know it'll never happen because it will be seen as divisive to the Lions.

Who wants to watch an England 2nd XV play Argentina?

Status
Not open for further replies.