• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Skotte vs Bokke @ Murrayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sunday kick off. Scotland gave us a hard time in SA this year and this one wont differ. Will be interesting to see Meyers team to be announce on thursday.

M

Muttonbird

Good luck to your team PB. Scotland are rubbish and generally always have been. They only just beat Japan last week and as a nation don't do justice to rugby. Hope the Boks slaughter them.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good luck to your team PB. Scotland are rubbish and generally always have been. They only just beat Japan last week and as a nation don't do justice to rugby. Hope the Boks slaughter them.
33ys8rc.jpg

FingalRaven

Frank Nicholson (4)
No Scotland captain Kelly Brown, who is "rested".

Scotland team to face South Africa: Sean Maitland; Tommy Seymour, Nick De Luca, Duncan Taylor, Sean Lamont; Ruaridh Jackson, Greig Laidlaw (capt); Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford, Moray Low, Richie Gray, Jim Hamilton, Alasdair Strokosch, John Barclay, David Denton.
Replacements: Scott Lawson, Ryan Grant, Geoff Cross, Jonny Gray, John Beattie, Chris Cusiter, Duncan Weir, Max Evans

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sounds like it will be a completely changed Bok team. We underestimated Scotland a couple of years ago and got beaten.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Pack looks pretty good. Both Grant and Murray have been pretty poor under the new scrum rules. Hooker depth is shit. Even though he's been better recently, he's still nothing like RWC form, which is nothing like his Lions Saffa tour form.

Locks and back rowers are in a good way, would like to see Rennie get back to full fitness.

Laidlaw is awesome. Best Scrummie in the NH.

10 is an issue. Jackson & Weir are our best options. Jackson is a good provincial level stand-off and his expansive style is understandably why he's preferred at the warriors. But Weir's tactics, kicking and defence means, for mine, he's the better option at Test level.

Visser, Hogg and Scott come straight in if fit. Would like to see Bennett get an opportunity. Nice to see Evans & Cusiter back in the side.

If we turn up, and the bocks aren't at 100%, we're a good chance. But they're way too good f they turn up to play. That scrum is a weapon.

Boks by 12.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scotland team to face South Africa: Alasdair Strokosch,
Thats the only name I dont want to see in their team. This wild Viking caused us big trouble in the past.

Bakkies will be back
Sport24
Bakkies Boks' boerewors king

2013-11-14 09:22

Cape Town - Springbok lock Bakkies Botha has quipped that the boerewors he makes has lured so many South Africans to French club Toulon.

The 76-Test veteran has taken a little bit of South Africa with him to the south of France, where he makes his own boerewors.

He is back in the Bok set-up for the first time since the 2011 World Cup and isexpected to be named in the starting team for Sunday's Test against Scotland in Edinburgh.

"When I first moved to Toulon, I think Joe van Niekerk was the only South African there, but we’ve since been joined by a lot of others,” Botha told the SA Rugby website.

Van Niekerk, Danie Rossouw, Bryan Habana, Michael Claassens and Juan Smith are the other South Africans plying their trade at Toulon.

“I don’t know if it’s my boerewors or the Euro that is luring the guys to Toulon, but it’s great to have them there. I get a lot of requests for boerewors from the guys, when they are keen for a braai, and I’m always happy to help.

“Even Matt Gitaeu from Australia phones from time to time to order some ‘boerie’ and then I just tell him to come by and pick up a packet.

“It’s always nice to have a lekker BBQ with the guys and especially to show the English and Aussie players how to do it properly," continued Botha.

The 34-year-old Botha said he is thoroughly enjoying being back in the Bok fold and is happy to play a mentoring role to young locks like Eben Etzebeth and Pieter-Steph du Toit.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Scots are a frustrating team. Their general ball skills are crap and often they just don't get passes to stick. They play with intent though and have a pretty good supporting and offloading game and use the short ball well. If they had the ball skills to support the intent they play with, they would be quite the formidable side.

I have a soft spot for the Scots so go Scotland.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
The Scots are a frustrating team. Their general ball skills are crap and often they just don't get passes to stick. They play with intent though and have a pretty good supporting and offloading game and use the short ball well. If they had the ball skills to support the intent they play with, they would be quite the formidable side.

I have a soft spot for the Scots so go Scotland.

They've developed a disruptive game plan though, so I expect them to cause some trouble for SA.

Totally understand that most neutrals will be supporting Scotland for this one, they're an easy team to like.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hope the Scots play a blinder. Maybe that way they'll be spent coming up against the Wallabies the following week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Springbok team to face Scotland in Edinburgh is:

15. Willie le Roux 10 caps 15 points
14. JP Pietersen 49 caps 70 points
13. Jaque Fourie 70 caps 160 points
12. Jean de Villiers (captain) 94 caps 125 points
11. Bryan Habana 93 caps 265 points
10. Pat Lambie 30 caps 57 points
9. Fourie du Preez 66 caps 75 points
8. Duane Vermeulen 14 caps 5 points
7. Willem Alberts 28 caps 30 points/Siya Kolisi 9 caps 0 points
6. Francois Louw 26 caps 25 points
5. Flip van der Merwe 32 caps 5 points
4. Bakkies Botha 76 caps 35 points
3. Frans Malberhe 1 caps 0 points
2. Adriaan Strauss (vice-captain) 31 caps 25 points
1. Gurthrö Steenkamp 47 caps 30 points
Replacements:
16. Bismarck du Plessis 55 caps 45 points
17. Tendai Mtawarira 51 caps 10 points
18. Coenie Oosthuizen 12 caps 5 points
19. Eben Etzebeth 22 caps 0 points
20. Marcell Coetzee 14 caps 5 points
21. Ruan Pienaar 72 caps 130 points
22. Morné Steyn 52 caps 627 points/AN Other
23. JJ Engelbrecht 11 caps 20 points

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Bakkies starts and there is no place for Pieter Steph du Toit.

Been happy with Meyer but than he does things like this.

And Jan Serfontein is being wasted. I am not sold on Jacques Fourie. The Welsh midfield walked through his defines three times in the first 10 minutes until they lost Davies. Fourie did not look international level. Not even close.

I was responsibly happy about some of these busy being brought back but not any more.

There is enough depth. The only three players I would keep in the squad who are playing overseas are Steyn, du Preez and Habana. The rest are meh. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.