• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Skotte vs Bokke @ Murrayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Siddie Flo has been disappointing last week. Look like he learn some dirty shite since playing at Bath. That yellow he got prevent us from smashing Wales. Brussouw would have been so much better.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Bakkies starts and there is no place for Pieter Steph du Toit.

Been happy with Meyer but than he does things like this.

And Jan Serfontein is being wasted. I am not sold on Jacques Fourie. The Welsh midfield walked through his defines three times in the first 10 minutes until they lost Davies. Fourie did not look international level. Not even close.

I was responsibly happy about some of these busy being brought back but not any more.

There is enough depth. The only three players I would keep in the squad who are playing overseas are Steyn, du Preez and Habana. The rest are meh. No thanks.

Your coach is way too conservative Blue.
NOW is the time to blood du Toit and Serfontein.
Perfect opportunity, instead they drag the old meathead back.
I am sure he'll maim a few people and play 'ard Bok rugby, but he isn't the future.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The Springbok team to face Scotland in Edinburgh is:

15. Willie le Roux 10 caps 15 points
14. JP Pietersen 49 caps 70 points
13. Jaque Fourie 70 caps 160 points
12. Jean de Villiers (captain) 94 caps 125 points
11. Bryan Habana 93 caps 265 points
10. Pat Lambie 30 caps 57 points
9. Fourie du Preez 66 caps 75 points
8. Duane Vermeulen 14 caps 5 points
7. Willem Alberts 28 caps 30 points/Siya Kolisi 9 caps 0 points
6. Francois Louw 26 caps 25 points
5. Flip van der Merwe 32 caps 5 points
4. Bakkies Botha 76 caps 35 points
3. Frans Malberhe 1 caps 0 points
2. Adriaan Strauss (vice-captain) 31 caps 25 points
1. Gurthrö Steenkamp 47 caps 30 points
Replacements:
16. Bismarck du Plessis 55 caps 45 points
17. Tendai Mtawarira 51 caps 10 points
18. Coenie Oosthuizen 12 caps 5 points
19. Eben Etzebeth 22 caps 0 points
20. Marcell Coetzee 14 caps 5 points
21. Ruan Pienaar 72 caps 130 points
22. Morné Steyn 52 caps 627 points/AN Other
23. JJ Engelbrecht 11 caps 20 points

I don't get it. You have a good year where the side looks to have gelled, then they throw in a heap of mercenaries. It doesn't make much sense.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm satisfied with the team and squad picked. Would have liked PSdT to get a run against Scotland rather than France, but I'm not going to string Meyer up for it.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm satisfied with the team and squad picked. Would have liked PSdT to get a run against Scotland rather than France, but I'm not going to string Meyer up for it.
Agree,

Meyer is a sport psychologist. I think he is keeping the younger guys on a leash this year so they will be hungry next year. I think we will see PSdT start all June internationals and probably continue into the RC next year with guys like Malherbe, Goosen and Serfontein getting more game time.

By then we will have 3-4 decent locks, backup to nr 3 and cover for JdV. We already have F. Steyn, Lambie and W. Le Roux who can back up Zane at 15 or usurp him for that matter.

So all-in-all, I think the first two years of his tenure has been to gradually introduce these guys and the remaining two will be to take the best of them and give them some worthy experience.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree,

Meyer is a sport psychologist.

And I'm a space cadet.

I think Meyer has brought youngsters through out of necessity only.

As soon as he gets the smallest gap he recalls the oldies.I bet even if Matfield returns and does only reasonably well for the Bulls he will recall him.

The net effect is that these players' international development will now get delayed even longer:

JJ
Serfontein
PS du Toit
Ginga Loosehead from the Stormers (instead a guy who cannot hold down a starting spot for his French club is supposed to be better)

These are only examples.

He has missed a great opportunity in the Scottish match to give young players a chance.

It makes no sense.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
We always feck around with the team when we play Scotland hence Scotland feels like my bogey team for the Boks.

Is Morne injured?

Pat lambie better stand up or when Goosen gets back he will be first of the rank in my books.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I want to see Goosen play a consistently good Super season before I am prepared to buy ANY of the hype. I have seen only a few glimpses but the rest is talk.

Looks like Moernaai is fit.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I want to see Goosen play a consistently good Super season before I am prepared to buy ANY of the hype. I have seen only a few glimpses but the rest is talk.

Looks like Moernaai is fit.

You've changed your tune.
You were the one hyping him a year ago.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You've changed your tune.
You were the one hyping him a year ago.

Well more than a year ago I was yes because he showed promise.

He has been out for two extended periods since and in between he did very little.

I would suggest that is enough reason to change a tune, won't you think?

He is back to square one.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just saw the score.
Scary stuff seeing some of the Saffers attacking play.
Has the giant of rugby finally awoken?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Willie was brillant. Hope Meyer, the sport psychologist will never pick Kirchner again in the Bok jersey. Duanne Vermeulen was also brilliant. Hope Meyer, the sport psychologist will never pick Spoes again in the Bok jersey.

Meyer, the sport psychologist got the Flippie selection right.

Still cant understand JPP. Fuck knows he and Flo learned their kak since their chicken run.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Still cant understand JPP. Fuck knows he and Flo learned their kak since their chicken run.

What? Flo has been outstanding for the Boks. It'll be a massive loss if he's seriously injured. JPP was very good too, but he always has been.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What? Flo has been outstanding for the Boks. It'll be a massive loss if he's seriously injured. JPP was very good too, but he always has been.
I am talking about the Wales test. Got a yellow for stupidness. Thought JPP deserved one aswell.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Duane Fucking Vermeulen. Name a harder man playing rugby. Anywhere.

This is what his type of engine looks like when it's only a baby.

image.php

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Just watching the replay, what the fuck is up with these European pitches, the ground is disgusting.

Alberts, Louw and Vermuelen are fast becoming the best back row in the world. I love watching these three hard men play, so brutal in everything they do.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Just watching the replay, what the fuck is up with these European pitches, the ground is disgusting.

Alberts, Louw and Vermuelen are fast becoming the best back row in the world. I love watching these three hard men play, so brutal in everything they do.

Murrayfield has had pest problems recently, destroyed the integrity of the turf. Sad really, it's normally pretty good.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Saffers were on the ball at the breakdowns like a pack of starving Hyenas over a wildebeast carcass in the Serengeti. Good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.