• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

So where to from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sardyntjie

PaarlBok said:
Sardyntjie said:
Hey............. :angryfire:

I will be screaming harder than most for the Aussies to win this Tri-Nations.

just so that I can say we put 50 points past the Tri-nations champs.....
Seriously , I want anyone to win it bar the ABs.
Well, I want the All Blacks to win it. The Wallabies had the easiest fixture list in this year's 3 Nations and the Bokke the most difficult one. The next one the decider.

For me its a bit like WP or Bulle, if we dont get it , I want my biggest rival to get it. Rather Bulle then the Guppies. 8)

Actually I think the All Blacks had it easier.Did they even play three games in a row?
For the life of me I cant remember.

and dont thinik I missed that guppies remark........ :(

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
[/quote] My initial reaction when Robbie Deans came out with the 'play what's in front of you' mantra was 'don't encourage the bastards !'. These guys just don't get it.

[/quote]

When there was the short 22 drop by Giteau my first reaction was to swear at Deans for promoting low percentage plays. There is a time and a place for that crap, and it is in 7's not a test match!

I dont think the Aussies have realized that there is still structure required to back up flair if you are to be successful.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sardyntjie said:
Actually I think the All Blacks had it easier.Did they even play three games in a row?
For the life of me I cant remember.

and dont thinik I missed that guppies remark........ :(
Yep think they had 3 in a row, 2 vs Wallabies and the Newlands one. They had the two weeks break for the travelling. Thats what make this one a bit tougher then in the past. Look like just when one team hit form, he got hit down. The All Blacks lost the Dunedin one, then lost in Sydney but hit straight back in Auckland and hit Newlands back. Not only form but McAwe, Thorne & Ali plays a important role in their effort.

It will be a mighty hard one for the Convicts in Brisbane , make no mistake.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
I bet Robbie names pretty much the same team that got spanked. Is Barnes back for the next game or what? Smith to start, that's be about it as far as changes.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Scorz said:
I bet Robbie names pretty much the same team that got spanked. Is Barnes back for the next game or what? Smith to start, that's be about it as far as changes.

Smith will start, as will Moore, probably Sharpe in the second row, and Cross will move to 13 with Mortlock at 12.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell comes in as well. Either that or Robbie will instruct AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to run more and bomb less.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Scotty said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Mitchell comes in as well. Either that or Robbie will instruct AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to run more and bomb less.

It's amazing that he didn't in the second half more after how ineffectual the constant bombing was in the 1st 40. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) constantly makes metres when trucking it up from the back and is a great broken play runner. Perhaps the broken hand dented his confidence a bit?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I assume that he is being directed to bomb away by Robbie, and that is the game plan - but it has been very ineffectual so far. We can barely find someone to contest the opposition bombs let alone our own most of the time. We are missing Latham's ability to consistently take offensive and defensive bombs - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) just doesn't attack them enough - and Tuqiri (who is the best in the air of this team) should be helping out more.

I'm hoping the back three are directed to run it back more, if there is the opportunity, and that the rest of the team makes the effort to get back in support. I'm also hoping that if Tuqiri runs it back he does it with purpose - sometimes when running out of this own quarter he seems to only commit to it 75% - he needs to decide to run or kick early and commit 100% to that decision either way.

R

Rugby Rat

Grandmaster Flash said:
Scotty said:

It's amazing that he didn't in the second half more after how ineffectual the constant bombing was in the 1st 40. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) constantly makes metres when trucking it up from the back and is a great broken play runner. Perhaps the broken hand dented his confidence a bit?
Hard to be critical of anyone first game back to the top level after injury.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Wallabies had the easiest fixture list in this year's 3 Nations

No way the All Blacks start the series with two home games a week off then a match in Sydney followed by a game in Auckland another week off then a game in SA followed by 3 weeks off & a game in Brisbane.

Not once did they play 3 weeks in a row Not once did they play back to back away games.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Rugby Rat said:
Grandmaster Flash said:
Scotty said:

Hard to be critical of anyone first game back to the top level after injury.
I disagree. It is tough, but they are professionals. This is all they do. If they come back to top level, they should be up to it, and not nursing aspects of their play. Sorry, but they carry high expectations along with the good wages they get. As I've said before, I think he is out of position, and lacks the confidence there that a tough game requires. I still like him as a player though, and would be keeping him firmly in the picture for Morty's spot, but he'll have to battle Cross who has done nothing wrong.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'd be happy to have him on the wing in place of Hynes or Tuqiri with Mitchell moving to FB.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I wonder if Dingo even knows who to call on? It's not like he was watching the ARC.

How come Turner's name is not being mentioned? Injured, or the forgotten man? He wasn't that bad.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've got a few ARC games on DVD he can watch Scarfie - get him to give me a call :)

Turner? Hmmm Not sure if he's quite up to it yet, but then is Tahu? I'd like Turner to really earn it, not just be called on because the blokes ahead of him made a couple of mistakes...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I'd be thinking about Gerrard. If only the guy hadn't been chased down by McCaw in '06

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Gagger said:
I'd be thinking about Gerrard. If only the guy hadn't been chased down by McCaw in '06

He's fallen well out of favour. Saw him run out in the 22 jersey for the Rats a couple of weeks ago in their mighty win against Randwick but I think he was a very late inclusion in the team (Lee?) and didn't look too flash.

It's a pity because he's got the big game experience and massive touch finding boot that the Wallabies have REALLY been missing this year in Latho's absence.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Gagger said:
Yet Shepherd was chased down by a flanker this year and got picked..

H

high tower

Gerrard was supposed to be out with injury when he played in no. 22 a few weeks back, he looked like he was playing with an injury against Manly last week also. He is still one of the best and longest kickers in the game, even on one good leg.
Hopefully his good to go today against the Wicks.

A

Alis Choice

Scotty said:

I think the problem was AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s execution rather than Deans' allegedly flawed game plan. The same game plan was successful during this years 3N, and in Perth and Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.