• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

South African Rugby - Proper Dinkum Ridgy Didge Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He is highly regard but he is still new in his job.

If I had to appoint a S18 coach I'll look no further then Jimmy Stonehouse.

52fe617aff328049804a71e8.jpg

That suit alone screams "budget constraints"!! ;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Most Saffers players do the chicken run for the same reason Blue did. Career and income.

Nope. That is not why I left. I did better in SA. Don't talk about things you know nothing about, which seems to be your hobby.

T

Train Without a Station

With all due respect .I think what SA is facing is eons worse than anything Australia has ever had to face.

The player exodus is much worse and has been for years.

The coaches are under qualified and of sub-standard quality.

Quotas are real and have caused issues

The player exodus is part of their own doing. Of course you lose plenty when you select from overseas. You will always lose some but the policy allows even the loyal to leave for financial gain.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Seems to me that this conversation gets a run every year, then the Boks spank the Wallabies, Poms and Welsh a few times and everything's rosy again.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Boks' 2014 results:

End of year tour
November 29 - Wales 12-6 South Africa
November 22 - Italy 6-22 South Africa
November 15 - England 28-31 South Africa
November 8 - Ireland 29-15 South Africa

Rugby Championship
October 4 - South Africa 27-25 New Zealand
September 27 - South Africa 28-10 Australia
September 13 - New Zealand 14-10 South Africa
September 6 - Australia 24-23 South Africa
August 23 - Argentina 31-33 South Africa
August 16 - South Africa 13-6 Argentina

Incoming Series
June 28 - South Africa 55-6 Scotland
June 21 - South Africa 31-30 Wales
June 14 - South Africa 38-16 Wales
June 7 - South Africa 47-13 World XV*

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Coaches and players going on the chicken run.

http://www.rugby365.com/article/67103-yen-claims-more-boks
Yen claims more Boks

The Yen's pulling power continues to lure Springboks to Japan for brief off-season stints.

Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth is reported to have signed for the Red Hurricanes and is set to join Springbok teammate Handre Pollard for a stint in Japan.

As is the case with Pollard, Etzebeth’s contract with the Japanese club will only be for three months and commence after the World Cup.

That would see him return to play to the Stormers in next year’s Super Rugby competition.

Etzebeth's contract with Western Province expires at the end of the 2016 season.

The second Springbok that will travel to Asia is Super Rugby sensation Damien de Allende who has, according to japanrugby.net, signed with the Liners.

De Allende will depart for Japan after the World Cup and return in time for the Super Rugby season in 2016.

The Stormers centre will also be joined at the Liners - for a short while - by Springbok Pierre Spies, before the veteran No.8 heads to Montpellier in February 2016 to link up with former national coach Jake White in the French Top 14.

The three Boks join an already long list of South Africans that have signed for Japanese clubs - including Willie le Roux, Francois Hougaard, Handre Pollard, Heinrich Brussow, Marcell Coetzee, Andries Ferreira, JJ Engelbrecht, JP Pietersen, Schalk Burger, Ryan Kankowski, Elton Jantjies, Jaque Fourie.

Young Springbok star players.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just maybe you thought the Bokke were the Wallabies?

Nah - I never claimed the Wallabies spanked anybody on the 2014 EOYT. In fact, that was the most disappointing Wallaby tour for many a long year. I just didn't remember the Boks spanking anybody on their EOYT and simply asked the question. Seems Italy was the sole recipient of a bit of corporal punishment.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
EOYT is a narrow scope. Their international season was fairly solid.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nah - I never claimed the Wallabies spanked anybody on the 2014 EOYT. In fact, that was the most disappointing Wallaby tour for many a long year. I just didn't remember the Boks spanking anybody on their EOYT and simply asked the question. Seems Italy was the sole recipient of a bit of corporal punishment.
The score sheet dont show it but me and you know we dominate England.

Status
Not open for further replies.