• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2023

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I think girls teams will want to organise scratch matches when opportunities arise to keep their comp flowing. Unfortunately Ag girls are on holidays as Mauler said. Griffith are down on troops for the trip to Tumut so look like being 0 from 2 after this weekend. Doesn’t get any easier as we have Waratahs at home in the 3rd round.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
There it is again. WAC and Waratahs girls bye. Reddies play City. Surely a game can be organised to fit on that program somewhere so that these 2 teams don’t sit out the weekend.
Reckon you’re right mate. I think 3rds and girls will work hard to cover the off weeks if they can. Hopefully with some success.

Tumut look a tough beast this season I think. Big pack from all reports and Steve Gill at 10 will control their play well. Tough roady for Griffith this weekend and I think Tumut will be flying high. They’ll be super excited to show off the new facility!

I reckon ag college will find it hard on the road too. I think they’ll outlast Deni fitness wise and cover them later in the game.

city by plenty. Unfortunately a long season for the reddies I reckon.

Tahs I think will do Albury. Big performance at home for ladies day

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Hay, Ag College, Griffith, City & Albury

How many players did Griffith take to Tumut last Saturday PB ? 1sts beaten 77-0 and 2nds defeated 31-10
I reckon I’ve heard everything from 15-26 in answer to this Reasoning.

did you see any of the games on the weekend mate?

Aggies bounced back well on the road on Saturday

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
Either way , kudos to Griffith for meeting all committments on the weekend . Shows great club spirit and willingness to keep the show on the road so to speak.

I suspect City will have similar issues on that Tumut away game as well - even with good numbers sending 20 odd blokes 250km west of Wagga and 35 blokes 100km east of Wagga is a challenge. Chuck in a few injuries, non committals and other excuses you start getting skinny numbers real quick.

All interesting games and i believe they could all go down to the wire so to speak.

Griffith v Tahs - home numbers will improve for the blacks but i suspect the methodical and organised tahs will have to much for them . Tahs
Albury v Aggies - im leaning albury but Aggies can turn it on ! I suspect these are two sides that will be fighting it out for 4th position for much of the season. Albury
Reddies v Deni - I will give it to Reddies , they are fighters . This could go either way but i'll give Deni the kiss of death . Deni
City v Tumut - We hear good things of Tumut . Big , structured and have desire. I supect we will have a battle royale up front but may get them with pace out wide. City

Womens
I reckon griffith v tahs will be the best game of the day ! Tahs are fast and structured but Griffith are big and fast ! Im leaning Griffith
City will knock over Tumut - just hope we can finish a game without an stretcher being involved !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I think there was doubling up last Saturday at Tumut Reasoning but not enough to explain the score blowout. I mean if the quality of players were there the quantity was enough to win games. The problem is the age of the players. Something like 10 of the 15 1sts were under 20. They’re alright. Good club spirit. Griffith teams will have numbers throughout the year and will improve. Not making excuses but the Hay experience will test resources from all clubs. We will have important inclusions this week but still probably 0 & 3 after the weekend.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good to see the Tahs coach talking up the big clash this week against City. Will the City coaches talk up their chances against the unbeaten Tahs :) ?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I think the Tahs Bubba & Mauler. They are a very good team. They remind you of a private school team of adults. Positional play outstanding. City has more speed. Will be a good game.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Stop the competition and go straight to the City v Tahs GF. Their game today was outstanding. They are many classes above anyone else in the competition. It was an engrossing game with both teams having their chances but City's scrum was scary great. I have never seen an opposing prop get lifted as high as one did in the second half.
Fantastic to see Deni getting a win in what would have been their longest road trip. So good for the comp to have fresh blood like this.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
City, Waratahs, Aggies…………….Reddies. Which team fills in 4th place. Looks like Tumut have fallen off a cliff after their big defeat of Griffith. Albury have been beaten at home by Griffith. If Deni become a team that improves a bit they could be that 4th placed team.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
City v Tahs in trying conditions was a cracker of a game . Certainly sent my blood pressure into overdrive at various times ! You dont have to have high scoring games for a good game.
Tahs played out of their skin . I think a lot of spectators would have left the game thinking it could have gone either way.

centralwestrep

Frank Nicholson (4)
Aggies are a super impressive team with so many committed players. The big thing that lets them down is age and experience. Tumut absolutely destroyed their scrum earlier in the season and I hate to think what City's scrum would do.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
See Link below for 1st Grade Competition Ladder after Round 4 (Sat, May 6)

The Deni v Griffith match in Deniliquin this Saturday could be a make or break game for either Club as far as qualifying for the Finals this year. A Griffith Blacks loss will make it very difficult for them to make the Finals in 2023 and obviously a Deni win will make it much easier for the Drovers to make the Finals this season.

Correct. Griffith must make this a must win match, but theyve got 2's in Leeton same day . Which is a big ask as well. I think deni might get this , theyd be confident and they are at home. I'd not be surprised if they get the W .

Tumut has it on the line as well. If they dont clean up reddies and clean them up well, it will just about put a line through them. Id expect a Bulls victory.

Tahs v Aggies . This will be a cracking game . Having seen Tahs up close last week they are a very well drilled and organized side. Dry weather may help Aggies more so but i'm pretty confident Tahs will win this.

We should account for Albury at home . Certainly not taking them lightly in any sense but we were not good against Tahs at all and we are acutely aware of that .

Looking forward to a big round ! Certainly some key games already !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Think Griffith are a real chance at Deni. Young team getting better. If they do win Blacks will firm as contenders for that 4th place. Tumut and City will win. Tahs/Aggies ? Flip of the coin.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
Pretty accurate predictions from Reasoning !

I can imagine the Aggies faithfull would have been bellowing in the last few moments of that game , urging them on ! But as predicted , a Tahs win.
Tumut did what many expected would happen at Jarrah. They needed that win , and they need to get to albury this week and follow it up with a win away. Reddies have many problems , numbers being the first one. I did note that there was only about 24 or 25 names for both grades on the app. I hope they can turn it around. The comp needs them !

Deni may well be the suprise packet. We have them at home this week , and their live wire style of rugby seems to be bringing sides undone. We did the job we needed to do against Albury. The first 20 minutes was very tight and then it all clicked for us. Looking forward to another big week !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Re Griffith biting the dust Reasoning, we do play Deni, Tumut and Albury at home next round. If Griffith beat Reddies this round and next round + win against Deni, Tumut and Albury we end up with 6 wins. Is that enough to end up in 4th place. Besides playing each other Aggies, Tahs and City will win remaining games.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Albury is on for the prem this season. They have some really good youngsters (the likes of the Sarkis brothers) coming through the ranks and some insane depth due to a large Fijian influx. Should be good to watch as they start to find combinations.

Bubba 2.0

Frank Nicholson (4)
Another intriguing round of SIRU coming up for all involved ! Even though its only coming up to the half way mark of the comp you'd be confident enough to say that the top 3 is sorted , the bottom 3 is sorted its just the 2 middle positions that need working out from here on .

Reddies V Tahs - i'd love to say this will be competitive. It will be a drubbing . Tahs by 40 plus

Griffith v Aggies - so on the surface this is 2nd last v 3rd . If Griiffith win it kicks starts them no end , they need a home win against a top 3 club . I cant see it happening . Aggies after a tough fight .

Albury v Tumut - if albury have even a hint of desire to play semis they need to win this. Like wise Tumut needs to put them to sword and stamp their mark on the top 4 . Im leaning to Tumut .

City v Deni - i've no idea what to expect with Deni. I think we will have a fight on our hands . Covid/man flu has taken its toll on the club this week so we have quite a few outs. City for the win though.

putitthroughthehands

Herbert Moran (7)
Are you taking the Piss- Steamers last round results are loss to Waratahs Round 2 (20-45), Round 3 loss to Aggies 64-0, Round 4 Loss to Griffith at Albury (12-13) and Round 5 loss to City (7-76)
Sorry, I forgot to mention their Round 1 victory (45-5) over CSU Reddies who haven't troubled the scorers so far this season
I know they are called the Steamers but they need more than a Steam Train to have any hope of making the Finals this yera - BULA !!
Settle down big rig. Its only early days and plus they've had many of their star players out due to injury/work etc. They're rebuilding strength. Albury also doesn't PAY any players like Wagga City do. This whole thing about paying players is getting to me. What happened to the days of just playing for the love of game and good hard footy! That's what SIRU rugby always has been known for and so it should be!