• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies, Loftus Versfeld, Sun 9th Jul 1.05am AEST

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
We never can be sure with Eddie but should see something like this

1 - Slipper
2 - Porecki
3 - Ala'alatoa
4 - Arnold
5 - Skelton
6 - Holloway
7 - Hooper
8 - Valentini
9 - White
10 - Cooper
11 - Korobiete
12 - Foketi
13 - Ikitau
14 - Vunivalu
15 - Wright
16 - Uelese
17 - Gibbon
18 - Topou/Nonnggorr
19 - Frost
20 - Samu
21 - Mcdermott
22 - Gordon
23 - Perese/Hodge
I agree with KOB - Frost in for Arnold until we see how Richie goes off the bench, and Nawaqanitawase for Vunivalu is my preference but Eddie could well go with Vuni. Otherwise. Uelese is just too fragile to play off the bench imo. Twice during the year he and Mafi left the Rebels without a hooker on the ground through "injuries" that miraculously were fixed by the following week. JU either starts or doesn't make the 23 in my book.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think Nonggorr will do ok if he gets a chance. I hope he makes his debut this week, it is always good to see someone make their debut, and it will be a good test for him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I would love to see a 9. White 10. Gordon partnership once this championship.

Does Gordon's lack of versatility mean he can't be played off the bench? Or will we see a 5/3 split for South Africa?

With Kellaway and Petaia injured, we're down the wing/fullback utilities. Who are our starting wingers? Nawaqanitawase & Koroibete with Wright at fullback? That's some all out attack. Then McDermott & Hodge on the bench I guess.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think he can. And honestly we have to find out sooner or later.

Might have to wait until you can have Kellaway/Petaia in their so they can cover 11,13,14,15. If you lose 2/3 backs to injury in a game you are probably stuffed anyway.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I would love to see a 9. White 10. Gordon partnership once this championship.

Does Gordon's lack of versatility mean he can't be played off the bench? Or will we see a 5/3 split for South Africa?

With Kellaway and Petaia injured, we're down the wing/fullback utilities. Who are our starting wingers? Nawaqanitawase & Koroibete with Wright at fullback? That's some all out attack. Then McDermott & Hodge on the bench I guess.
I think he can. And honestly we have to find out sooner or later.

Might have to wait until you can have Kellaway/Petaia in their so they can cover 11,13,14,15. If you lose 2/3 backs to injury in a game you are probably stuffed anyway.
Yeah I think we need to run him out off the bench against Sth Africa and/or NZ to see if he cuts the mustard. We can cover his lack of versatility by also having someone like Hodge or Kellaway on the bench (assuming they aren't starters).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Pollard out of the competition. Pity. He was in almost his best form for Leicester.

This gives the Boks a chance to see if Libbok can step up to this level. Calling in Jantjes as a backup is a massive step backwards. I would rather have had a 40-year-old Ruan Pienaar who is playing excellent rugby.

I think the Boks will use the competition to give everyone a chance so I expect mix and match 23's over the coming weeks.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
I’m embarrassed to admit I thought you were arguing for Jake Gordon to play at 10 for some reason. Agree now is the time to throw Carter on the bench and see what happens.