• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springboks v Wallabies, Loftus Versfeld, Sun 9th Jul 1.05am AEST

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Springboks – 15 Willie le Roux, 14 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Canan Moodie, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Duane Vermeulen (c), 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Jean Kleyn, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Ox Nche.
Subs: 16 Joseph Dweba, 17 Thomas du Toit, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Evan Roos, 21 Deon Fourie, 22 Grant Williams, 23 Damian Willemse.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
9F647371-4B9A-40B7-9EEB-607E781A24B2.jpeg

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Golden opportunity to win this - Pollard, Kolisi, Kitshoff, Marx, De Klerk, Etzebeth, Del Allende, Kolbe, Wiese, de Larger, Mostert, du Preez, Smith, Kriel & Mapimpi either unavailable or in NZ early

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I’m keen to see if Esterhuzien can translate his fantastic domestic form to the next level. Absolute weapon of a centre. Could be great there with Am.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Look they have insane depth & their front row still looks baus but this is a side we should think we can knock off over there

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Alright, we're ~30 hours out from the Wallabies 23 being named. I think we're in for minimum one maybe two Eddie headscratchers plus just a whole bunch of debutants. Playing at 1am away in South Africa at Loftus, no one expects us to win yet they've put out a semi weakened size, time to push through a lot of debutants on the bench, see if they're up to it.

My prediction (that'll probably be almost immediately disproved) is we'll see Richie plus one of the other three uncapped forwards starting. I think we'll see Faessler off the bench and either Kemeny/Hooper starting at 6. Just read Kemeny stole the most lineouts for the Rebels which surprises me, didn't realise he was such a weapon in the air.

The backs largely pick themselves.

edit: forgot BO'K is the ref. Springboks by 30.

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Arnold*
5. Skelton
6. Kemeny*/T. Hooper*
7. M. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Wright
16. Faessler*
17. Bell
18. Tupou
19. Frost
20. Samu
21. Longeran
22. C. Gordon*
23. Vunivalu

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Okay don't have to wait long for Eddie's head scratchers.

Crowd favourite Hodge starts at 12 with Kerevi off the bench.

Vunivalu starts at 14.

Tupou not ready, Nonggorr debuts off bench.

T. Hooper debuts at 6.

Carter Gordon on the bench.

Frost and Skelton start, with Richie on bench.

Reactions: dru

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Vunivalu starts at 14.

T. Hooper debuts at 6.

I'd say the big surprise is no Holloway in the starting lineup, which makes me a bit nervous if it's left to Frost to manage the lineout...

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

Vunivalu starts at 14.

T. Hooper debuts at 6.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
okay filling in the blanks and if that's all of the surprises out of the way. Apparently Slipper is in doubt too after a training mishap. Assuming no Faseller debut as wasn't mentioned and too much to have a debutant hooker and prop off the bench so Uelese gets a chance to nail his throws to win the game.
1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. T. Hooper*
7. M. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Ikitau
14. Vunivalu
15. Wright
16. Uelese
17. Bell
18. Nonggorr
19. Arnold*
20. Samu
21. Longeran
22. Kerevi
23. C. Gordon*

edited

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hodge 12 and Kerevi on the bench it seems. I assume Nawaqanitawase misses out.
wonder if Kerevi has ever benched for the Wallabies? looks weird

edit: apparently Kerevi has benched 7 times for the Wallabies, but only twice out of 73 times for the Reds!