• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That shoulder hit the head as direct as it gets, I don't know what they guys are on about

It was clearly unintended. It impacted nothing, including the tackled player. Yes in 2021 it's a penalty everyday of the week. But there is an alternate universe where it is considered a rugby incident - play on.

But yeah, Penalty for sure in the real world.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You miss my point
If you dislodge the ball in a tackle with your hand is it a loose carry or is it the tackler who has propelled the ball?
You can’t blame the tackler if the ball goes behind the ball carrier but then blame the offensive player if the ball goes behind the tackler
It’s two opposite rules for the same situation

Yep I understand what you say, but it different when ball is dislodged by hitting the arm of carrier, and actually hitting the ball.
Well form what I have always understood anyway.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm sure I've said this elsewhere, but so good to see competent kicking with purpose in Australian rugby. Both sides have displayed it tonight, though I'm probably noticing O'Connor's more with my Reds bias.

Top Bottom