• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) Trials: QLD Reds v Western Force, Ballymore, 3/2/24 @ 3:00pm AEST

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Seems a strange choice though with Nasser, Asiata & Craig all in the squad. Especially when it would appear that there was an opportunity to give him time at prop. I wouldn’t have thought there would be too much concern about giving their 5th best hooker a run so I feel like there must be either some thought that he can challenge for a game day spot at hooker or else at least 2 of the others have injury concerns.
Maybe the new coaches don't consider him fifth best.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Floyd Aubrey must have been impressive in preseason.

He was injured for a fair bit of last year and I feel he fell quite a bit behind some other outside back options.

Must be doing something right to get a start in the first trial.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
One of the pre-seasons players interviews talked about Blake scrummaging at blindside, so maybe the hooker is just a result of injuries in the squad?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Force team:
Team List

Marley Pearce, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Thomas Franklin, Jeremy Williams, Michael Wells, Tim Anstee, Will Harris, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Sam Spink, Harry Potter, Max Burey; Feleti Kaitu'u, Charlie Hancock, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Ollie Callan, Ian Prior, Reesjan Pasitoa, Taqele Naiyaravoro, Hamish Moore, Atu Moli, Reginald Churchward, Jhy Legg, Titi Nofogatotoa, Henry Robertson, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Henry O’Donnell, Ronan Leahy

Unfortunately they don't appear to be big fans of numbering positions or line breaks out west...

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Force Team

1 Marley Pearce,
2 Tom Horton,
3 Santiago Medrano,
4 Thomas Franklin,
5 Jeremy Williams,
6 Michael Wells,
7 Tim Anstee,
8 Will Harris,
9 Issak Fines-Leleiwasa,
10 Ben Donaldson
11 Chase Tiatia,
12 Hamish Stewart,
13 Sam Spink,
14 Harry Potter,
15 Max Burey;

First set of Reserves
Feleti Kaitu'u, Charlie Hancock, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Lopeti Faifua, Ollie Callan, Ian Prior, Reesjan Pasitoa, Taqele Naiyaravoro,

Second Set of Reserves
Hamish Moore, Atu Moli, Reginald Churchward, Jhy Legg, Titi Nofogatotoa, Henry Robertson, Bayley Kuenzle, George Poolman, Henry O’Donnell, Ronan Leahy

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really wanted to get over to Ballymore today but common sense got hold of me (just off crutches but still hobbling in a moonboot). Everyone who makes it enjoy, and please report back on how the new facility has pulled together.

Rugby is back!