• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Crusaders Round number 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lots of mistakes from both sides but that was one hell of an intense game as only the Saffers and Kiwis seem able to do nowdays.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez, that was hell of a game of rugby, real intense, and I think the defensive pressure that caused the mistakes. I would think best defense from 2 teams I have seen for awhile.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
No Carter, no McCaw, no Dagg, no Read, and no O Franks for most of the match - yet the Saders still won against one of SA's top sides away from home.
Brilliant effort!
I might have to change my mind on whether they are title contenders after this.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Described this to a league-inclined mate today as being 'like an origin game except smarter', incredible intensity, but intriguing tactics and stories throughout the game, like the Crusaders' tactical kicking and the Stormers inability to win their own lineout ball.

Yellow card was absolute rubbish, penalty at most. Jordan Taufua was immense when he came on. Wyatt Crockett was awesome. Bleyendaal was impressive, particularly his kicking game, and Tom Marshall was great once again. Stormers' defence, particularly when the Crusaders shifted the ball, was excellent. Duane Vermuelen is the king of grubby play, high tackles and cheap shots all over the place.

Just a great game all round, and I hope Johnny McNicholl is ok.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two big arse Saffers falling on your leg in different directions is going to do serious damage to knees and/or ankles.

McNicholl may be out for a while - poor sod.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yellow card was absolute rubbish, penalty at most. .
Seemed a bit tough - not sure he put guilford through 90 degrees. Saffer commentators very fair about it though.
However - Joubert called on the TMO to help him out. After a couple of replays he said "I've Seen enough" - presumably he had been watching on a big screen: is this part of the review process now?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Seemed a bit tough - not sure he put guilford through 90 degrees. Saffer commentators very fair about it though.
However - Joubert called on the TMO to help him out. After a couple of replays he said "I've Seen enough" - presumably he had been watching on a big screen: is this part of the review process now?

It was a really dumb play - Guildford already cleaned out and nowhere near the ball, not really doing anything at all. But I'd hate to think that that play qualifies as worthy of a 10 minute sin bin.

I believe the ref watching the screen is now part of the protocol, I've noticed them doing it a few times so far this season.

Speaking of Joubert, was amusing to see him pull up a few scrums when the ball was sitting at the 8's feet after reading Spiro describe him yesterday in the SMH as a ref who 'referees for the spectators and does not nit pick the laws'.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
can someone explain the 'knee on the ground' as a reason to not allow (what looked to be) a crusader try? Is that some rule I have not the foggiest about?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It was a really dumb play - Guildford already cleaned out and nowhere near the ball, not really doing anything at all. But I'd hate to think that that play qualifies as worthy of a 10 minute sin bin.

I believe the ref watching the screen is now part of the protocol, I've noticed them doing it a few times so far this season.

Speaking of Joubert, was amusing to see him pull up a few scrums when the ball was sitting at the 8's feet after reading Spiro describe him yesterday in the SMH as a ref who 'referees for the spectators and does not nit pick the laws'.
Steve Walsh JNR did the same this afternoon

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Not a happy camper loosing to the team I dislike the most from the village of the dammed.

Funny how that other site every post refers to how they won with a few peeps missing as if the stormers were not missing any!

Dam we kicked far too many times in attacking positions.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
No Carter, no McCaw, no Dagg, no Read, and no O Franks for most of the match - yet the Saders still won against one of SA's top sides away from home.
Brilliant effort!
I might have to change my mind on whether they are title contenders after this.
No Burger, No Etzebeth, No Habana, No Liebenberg, No Kitshoff and the Crusaders support out number the Stormers support at Newlands.
The Stormers were boo'd getting of the team bus!

“What’s this kak about Carter somma staying at home for his baby’s birth? No man, we need him here to make Jantjies look a poes! My toppie was moes elsewhere when I was born, and I couldn’t care as I was screaming and couldn’t bloody see yet through my stupid baby eyes. He can see the lighty when he gets back man!” – Fagme Davids

“No Carter, no Read, Israel Dagg may not start – jussy, if Freuen moes dosn’t play then I will have to support the Stormers on Saturday. I ‘was given’ the new Adida jersey last week, so at least I have a jersey to wear to Newlands if it comes to that.” – Salvador Daniels

“Most of my family are now Chiefs fans, but no man, I’m not buying another jersey. I’m still behind the Crusaders, but if they don’t win the Stormers on Saturday, yoh, I just don’t know anymore.” - Cupid Collins

Yes its sad. Really sad.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
And Sam Whitelock made the man-giant Bekker his bitch in the lineout.
Very underrated line out operator Whitelock. AB line out much stronger these days and I would credit him with that. What I admire about him is he just seems to get on with his work without any fuss.

Very valuable player in my view.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
can someone explain the 'knee on the ground' as a reason to not allow (what looked to be) a crusader try? Is that some rule I have not the foggiest about?
Yep terry, player with a knee on the ground is counted as out of play, cannot play the ball, think Joubert considered players knee was on ground when he called no try.
I agree about Whitelock being underated, most people consider him a good player, but tend not to realise how good.
I do agree with you Rassie about pointing out players that are missing, you play with what players are available, though I do tend to think the class of player missing from Saders was better than from Stormers.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not a happy camper loosing to the team I dislike the most from the village of the dammed.

Funny how that other site every post refers to how they won with a few peeps missing as if the stormers were not missing any!

Dam we kicked far too many times in attacking positions.
"Village of the dammed"? Such a stupid comment speaks volumes about your character whatty. (Or lack of.)

Status
Not open for further replies.