• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Crusaders Round number 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
can someone explain the 'knee on the ground' as a reason to not allow (what looked to be) a crusader try? Is that some rule I have not the foggiest about?

With a knee on the ground the player is deemed to be on the ground so can't play the ball without regaining his feet.

He didn't regain his feet and illegally picked the ball up to place it on the line.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Oh, so he was in the ruck when he grabbed the ball.

So it was a knee in the ruck as opposed to a knee during the try.

Dunno why I grabbed the wrong end of the stick there, basically he was off his feet. For some odd reason I thought it had something to do with the act of scoring the try.

Thanks for making it clearer. Fell a bit silly now, but there ya go!:confused:

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
the Crusaders support out number the Stormers support at Newlands.
The Stormers were boo'd getting of the team bus!

Yes there may be a heap of rabid anti-Stormers, pro-Saders there, but by sheer numbers I don't think you're comment is accurate. It is well documented the band of support for the Saders there but the Stormers still take the majority of the cake.

With all the omissions from both sides it was a tale of many lesser names, but it was the tactics that made the difference on the day, not the personnel. It was a hell of a contest and had the intensity of a test match.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
All I can say is if anyone thinks Deon Fourie is a Super Rugby level hooker they are seriously fucking out of their mind, or they have some sick midget fetish or both.

He seemed to think it's a fantastic idea to keep throwing at Bekker's crotch. Bekker could not call it to the back of the lineout where Vermeulen is normally a good target because Fourie could not get it within a meter of his outstretched arms. And when he called it on himself or to two, Fourie thought he'd see if it's possible to hit the opposing jumper on the nose, which he did with distinction.

The same bus carrying the Bulls props and hooker Ralepele should stop off in Cape Town and pick up Brok Harris and Fourie before it drives into the sea. Actually introduce him to his jumpers first because he's never met them.

Five worst Super rugby players in SA:
Harris
Fourie
Ralepele
Mellet
Frik Kirsten.

Hooker plan needed in Cape Town or they are well and truly farqued.

People moan about Jantjes but not much a 10 can do if his pack is turned into someone else's bitch.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^ Should have seen it live at 4am. Especially after the Cheeters routed the Rebels at Bloomers.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The same bus carrying the Bulls props and hooker Ralepele should stop off in Cape Town and pick up Brok Harris and Fourie before it drives into the sea. Actually introduce him to his jumpers first because he's never met them.

This had me in stitches Blue. The visuals I conjured when reading it!

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stupid no, accurate yes. You just proved it. Been called by many for a long time.
Do you not think that many of us in Christchurch, who have suffered so much over the last 2 years, would find your ignorant comment extremely offensive?
What a pity you chose to make NZ your home!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just watched the game and gee the game really was a back and forth, see-sawing contest! The Stormers dominated for the first quarter and the Crusaders just came out and started to dominate. The second half was very physical and it was a battle of the kickers as the Crusaders scrapped hard for the win. And I was extremely impressed by Jordan Taufua.

Made a number of strong carries; he resembled Toutai Kefu in fact that he was quite physical in the contact area for someone still only 20-21. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes into the All Blacks fold within a year or two.

Also, there was a whole lot of off the ball incidents, i.e. obstruction beyond the ball, lying deliberately on players one or two phases later. Joubert was probably the best referee at the beginning of 2011 but has definitely gone downhill, and the manner of the game displayed this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Guys, drop this crap - it has nothing to do with the game, and is gonna lead to someone taking a break, Kurtley-style.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
All I can say is if anyone thinks Deon Fourie is a Super Rugby level hooker they are seriously fucking out of their mind, or they have some sick midget fetish or both.

He seemed to think it's a fantastic idea to keep throwing at Bekker's crotch. Bekker could not call it to the back of the lineout where Vermeulen is normally a good target because Fourie could not get it within a meter of his outstretched arms. And when he called it on himself or to two, Fourie thought he'd see if it's possible to hit the opposing jumper on the nose, which he did with distinction.

Five worst Super rugby players in SA:
Harris
Fourie
Ralepele
Mellet
Frik Kirsten.

Hooker plan needed in Cape Town or they are well and truly farqued.

People moan about Jantjes but not much a 10 can do if his pack is turned into someone else's bitch.
Because Fourie is a loose forward. He is brilliant playing as a loosie. Did you see the Currie Cup final last year. He just backs up as hooker. Why because there is no one else. Stormers were looking for a hooker at the start of the season due to the injuries they have. They do not want to play him at hooker because they want to but because there is no one else to do it. Ralepele I can't comment it would be political incorrect to do so. Mind you he will probably get Springbok selection again.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes there may be a heap of rabid anti-Stormers, pro-Saders there, but by sheer numbers I don't think you're comment is accurate. It is well documented the band of support for the Saders there but the Stormers still take the majority of the cake.

With all the omissions from both sides it was a tale of many lesser names, but it was the tactics that made the difference on the day, not the personnel. It was a hell of a contest and had the intensity of a test match.
Where do you live mate? Have you ever been to Newlands?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Saders played like champions, Stormers like kak. Loooooong season ahead. This match was the turn of the worse for the Stormers.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Because Fourie is a loose forward. He is brilliant playing as a loosie. Did you see the Currie Cup final last year. He just backs up as hooker. Why because there is no one else. Stormers were looking for a hooker at the start of the season due to the injuries they have. They do not want to play him at hooker because they want to but because there is no one else to do it. Ralepele I can't comment it would be political incorrect to do so. Mind you he will probably get Springbok selection again.
dont agree on that. Fourie wanted to play hooker from the start. His lineout throwing has always been a risk and the saders did their homework pretty well. Bekker well he blow hot and cold, maybe its the parkie, but he was dismal like most of the Stormers players. I agree however that he should play flank, our combo of loosies aint right and we need him there. Cheetahs are going to kill us on saturday, make no mistake.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

:) Most of those Crusaders supports go to Newlands with two jerseys, Crusaders/All Blacks the bottom one. As soon as the scoreboard favour them they swop their jerseys and will wear that All Black jerseys for the next week in town. Problem is they dont know the differense between Crusaders and Canterbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.