• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers Vs Force, Rd 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
If godwin is still out it might be worth trying holmes at 2nd receiver. Might mix it up a bit in attack and less predictable.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Despite the bad reffing i think the stormers showed how to play the force defence. Smash them and win the collision. Force cant afford to give the other team so much possession no matter how good the defensive structure usually is. Played better in the second half when we had the ball. Attack is pretty one dimensional as most people have suspected. Bit of work there and in the line out which seems to get worse every week.

M

Moono75

Similar to the loss against the Rebels the Force were on the back foot from the start and just weren't switched on. Stormers dictated the play and were up and physical in the Forces faces all day.

We need Alby and Morahan back to add some zip in attack. Too much kicking today when they had bugger all ball as it was.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh. Pollock wasn't good bit we sucked. No possession and then the Stormers defence was solid and we couldn't come
Up with a good enough play to get over more. Congrats to the Stormers fans

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Damn the Fair Ref tactic Theory: Refs Fuck us over, once we are in no position to win, tries to seem fair by penalising the shit out of them. Happens week after week.

No wonder no one can win in South Africa, It's a corrupt nation

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Yeh. Pollock wasn't good bit we sucked. No possession and then the Stormers defence was solid and we couldn't come
Up with a good enough play to get over more. Congrats to the Stormers fans

Pollock was crap (first 10 pts came from poor calls, should've been a 3rd yellow when the defender was lying on top of Badger when he had a go at the line late in the game), but the Force were pretty crap as well. Lineout has to be sorted out if they want to have any chance of getting into the playoffs. Charles is great around the field, and I think he's a great player, but maybe they need to give Tesseman a go and let Charles come off the bench. They struggled enough with getting possession, never mind handing it back to them at lineout time.

I'll have to rewatch it, but it looked like Prior has started getting a little hitch in his pass, and he's giving the defense time to get in the face of the receivers. He's performed admirably, but I sure hope Alby is back for the Lions.

I thought the Stormers played well, and gave us hell on defense and at the breakdown. Also known as giving us a taste of our own medicine!

Sidbarret

Fred Wood (13)
Pollock won't enjoy the replay, especially the two yellows he gave against the the stormers. First man in, waiting for the ball to be placed, cleaners being useless. Pretty hard to spot offences on either yellow. (missed a pretty blatant one on van Wyk though)

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Decided to check what the Ferners had to say about another desperate game of rugby and a uninspiring win by the stormers. Once again it only refers to some bias nuetral ref shafting the visiting team in SA"again".
Don't know why I bother, pity it can be informative when the actual rugby is discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.