• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers Vs Force, Rd 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Decided to check what the Ferners had to say about another desperate game of rugby and a uninspiring win by the stormers. Once again it only refers to some bias nuetral ref shafting the visiting team in SA"again".
Don't know why I bother, pity it can be informative when the actual rugby is discussed.

What's Ferners?

Who cares about the ref. The Stormers played very, very well and would've won even with a perfect one. They won the collisions and their line-out/maul game functioned very well. We've won one on tour and that is good enough to keep us in the hunt. I think we got the favour of Pollock's whistle last week so what goes around comes around. The referee doesn't make a big difference to good teams.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You poor Force fans.

The only team on the planet who gets shafted because of bad ref/tmo calls.

Never happens to anyone else.

It must be hard to live with. My heart goes out to you.Maybe you are paying for sins in a previous life or something? Perhaps voodoo or something will help. They could go and see a Sangoma while they are in Africa. Get those bad omens and spirits sorted out. Roll some bones. Snort some dried monkey gland.

PS. All of the above is of course valid even if your team doesn't turn up which was the case last night. A team with finals aspirations on such a good run should beat the Stormers, who have all but their baggage handlers on the field because of injuries.

But let's not let logic get in the way of a good old cry shall we?

M

Moono75

Force missed a perfect chance with the Brumbies going down to the Cheetahs overnight. Have to grab these opportunities when available. Oh well im off to snort monkey gland.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You poor Force fans.

The only team on the planet who gets shafted because of bad ref/tmo calls.

Never happens to anyone else.

It must be hard to live with. My heart goes out to you.Maybe you are paying for sins in a previous life or something? Perhaps voodoo or something will help. They could go and see a Sangoma while they are in Africa. Get those bad omens and spirits sorted out. Roll some bones. Snort some dried monkey gland.

PS. All of the above is of course valid even if your team doesn't turn up which was the case last night. A team with finals aspirations on such a good run should beat the Stormers, who have all but their baggage handlers on the field because of injuries.

But let's not let logic get in the way of a good old cry shall we?

It must be empowering to be as pure as driven snow, such as yourself. Your contributions to the Force threads are nothing short of trolling.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It must be empowering to be as pure as driven snow, such as yourself. Your contributions to the Force threads are nothing short of trolling.
Yeah I always feel like I have to check in because of that nagging whine I hear as I walk past.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I think mostt of us Force supporters know we were soundly beaten by the stormers regardless of the ref.....except maybe gaffachino. he's like the force version of the taliban.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought we were well beaten and said as much in my review. We got some dusty calls but by the same token we got all of them against the Bulls. That's footy.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Force's defence was very admirable, but I see a problem, the tackles are low and they cut down the player but never do the Force look at actually winning the collision. This allowed the Stormers to retain possession and keep building pressure which eventually told on the Force. When the Waratahs played them at Newlands they physically took the match to the Stormers and didn't allow them to keep creating phase after phase, using a big hit to stall momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.