• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Rebels @ Newlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
1) I am hoping the Stormers start slow after the bye
2) I am hoping the Rebels come out flying after a big kick up the ass after last weeks performance

Think the Stormers will get over the line, but will be closer than a few people think.

Sharks is really the game we should win, having been in South Africa for nearly two weeks while they have had to travel home after a tough trip on the road.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
Defensively we're fucked without Ellison, Shipperly defends like a winger when he plays 13.

And no Toby means the scrum is stuffed as well.

Stormers by 20.

I wouldn't write off Reb scrum just yet.. If Rebs can stay healthy, they should be able to muster up a competitive pack come scrum time. Frans Malherbe, Stormers THP, will be a challenge for Cruze, but I think PAE has the upper hand over LHP Steve Kitshoff.. To note as well, all 4 starting props are 24 yrs or younger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I wouldn't write off Reb scrum just yet.. If Rebs can stay healthy, they should be able to muster up a competitive pack come scrum time. Frans Malherbe, Stormers THP, will be a challenge for Cruze, but I think PAE has the upper hand over LHP Steve Kitshoff.. To note as well, all 4 starting props are 24 yrs or younger!

The Stormers pack has made mincemeat of EVERY scrum they have come up against this year. I think you have a dose of the over-optimisms.

Steven Kitshoff is going to be the next great Springbok loose-head. He will have PAE for breakfast

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
The Stormers pack has made mincemeat of EVERY scrum they have come up against this year. I think you have a dose of the over-optimisms.

Steven Kitshoff is going to be the next great Springbok loose-head. He will have PAE for breakfast

Yeah, might be optimistic.. But I also think you're underestimating PAE. Best scrummager at THP in Aus, I think it'll really depend on how the rest of his front row go. Pat Leafa; capable.. Cruze will be the deciding factor

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I love how the Rebels have been playing since this year. I was a doubter of Totality Tony since his association with Deans. But the way they are playing is a great advertisement for Rugby. Just a pity about some really poor decisions and handling at key times which has de-railed their whole season.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the Stormers, lost out on a bonus point but at least have completed the Aussie grand slam. Not sure if any SA sideb have achieved this in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.