• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

DaSchmooze

Syd Malcolm (24)
No dice for St. Pats

Still no justification or reasoning as to why they were dropped but their appeal has been dismissed

Last edited:

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
How did it all go?

Has the Board returned Subbies to the promised land of 8x8x8?
Headed for the fabled land of 8. Though Tim admitted last night that the Div 3 numbers are struggling so who knows where they will end up. i imagine there hoping for some Div 4 clubs to pull some sides out of the air to fill the gap.

I’d be concerned if I was one if those core div 3 clubs. Who knows we’re they will end up. Watt happens when your too big for Div 4 but not strong enough for Div 2.

With all the carry on last night they had to cancel the Div 3 meeting to discuss the comp….

The Wombat

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 3 should be okay with Beecroft, Quinns, Knox, Valley, Epping, Barker, Hornsby & Iggies/LC
What would Div 2 be?

St Pats
Petersham
UNSW
Hills
Newport
Briars
Sydney Harbour???

Realistically Epping should stay up and Harbour should be promoted if they can pull together partnerships for grades and colts.

3rd Div is then
Beecroft
Quinns
Knox
Valley
barker
Iggies/LC
Irish??
Hornsby??

footy_footy

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm told that the Division 2 clubs that voted for their delegate were St Pat's, Petersham, UNSW, Newport, Hills, Epping, Briars and Hawkesbury Valley.

Would appear Valley got the nod over Beecroft for the last spot.

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm told that the Division 2 clubs that voted for their delegate were St Pat's, Petersham, UNSW, Newport, Hills, Epping, Briars and Hawkesbury Valley.

Would appear Valley got the nod over Beecroft for the last spot.
Surprised to hear Beecroft not being promoted considering the results this year including

Club Championship 1st
1st grade: 2nd (loss Gf by 2)
2nd Grade: 1st
Colts: 3rd

Would beg the question what more is needed for the club to move up a division.

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Surprised to hear Beecroft not being promoted considering the results this year including
Club Championship 1st
1st grade: 2nd (loss Gf by 2)
2nd Grade: 1st
Colts: 3rd

Would beg the question what more is needed for the club to move up a division.

Yeah they’d be pretty annoyed by this I imagine. The club has strong numbers and I doubt they want to go through another season of second grade playing half a season due to opposition forfeits. I have no doubt they could field 3 grades if required.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)

Yeah they’d be pretty annoyed by this I imagine. The club has strong numbers and I doubt they want to go through another season of second grade playing half a season due to opposition forfeits. I have no doubt they could field 3 grades if required.
I think 1 more year in third div will be good for the men at croft. Very young club at the moment and a 3rd grade might stretch them. Hopefully they can retain their young guns and build numbers

park footy enthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
First I’ve heard of this Phil Lawrence bloke but have got it on good authority that he’s been personally fb messaging players from other clubs around subbies in attempts to poach them to St Pats, citing some nonsense about having watched their film and being impressed.

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
What would Div 2 be?

St Pats
Petersham
UNSW
Hills
Newport
Briars
Sydney Harbour???

Realistically Epping should stay up and Harbour should be promoted if they can pull together partnerships for grades and colts.

3rd Div is then
Beecroft
Quinns
Knox
Valley
barker
Iggies/LC
Irish??
Hornsby??
Big call for the Iggies/LC partnership to take on Div 3 after Iggies we’re running 1 team at the back end of the season. Lot of trust needed from Subbies. Same boat as Savers.

Whilst successful, there would need to be a lot of work behind the scenes to get additional grades for Harbour to compete In Div 2. They’d need to find 3 grade/colts sides to enter Div 2 which might be a stretch

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
St Pats social media confirms Phil Lawrence is coaching second grade, although you already know that.
Cannot confirm or deny any rumors about him messaging players. If it works, it’s a great recruitment strategy.
As for Kurtis Jones, good luck to him where ever he plays. If it’s 9th XV, it must be a very strong club.