• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer cricket 2022/23

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
...and then move on.
Yeah he’s cooked. Allan Border made some good comments about how his feet aren’t moving and reactions slowing.

Made me think of the last few Tests for Ricky when he wasn’t picking up the short stuff because you just lose the tiniest amount of reaction speed.

Question is who takes his place? I’m not a Handscomb fan but I could see him do it. Head is too jumpy at the start of an innings in my opinion to do it in Tests. Renshaw has failed recently but has potential. Only speaking from inside the current squad.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
From outside the squad Bancroft has probably had the most years of good Shute shield performances but not tested in these conditions and has significant demons so I'd only bring him in via an Australian summer.

Harris has had more sustained opportunities than most and not really seemed up to it. I wouldn't give him another go tbh.

Pucovski unknown long term status.

That leaves Renshaw who seems to do everything to avoid playing when he's picked but I'd probably give him another go at the top on this tour given it's already essentially impossible to win.

I dont think Warner is giving us any up side. He's only scored home/flat track runs recently and we won't get much of that for the remainder of this year.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think Bancroft might be the most ready to go right now.

I’m done with Harris. He’s had chances and Shield might just be his level. Ed Cowan 2.0

I know there has been talk about guys like Henry Hunt and some young guys which I wouldn’t mind at this point. Khawaja is also 36 so we will be replacing at some point in the next couple of years and I wouldn’t mind having guys that have been around the team ready to go.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
They seemed to get to 21 with no problems after 9 overs, I think we're really 20 runs short of what we needed for a competitive score

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Kurtis Patterson? Remind me what his test average is.
Great call. He definitely just go pushed out the back door it seemed.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Aaron Hardie around the squad soon. Don’t have to see him as an All Rounder if his Batting is up for a position in the line up. He shouldn’t lose out on opportunities because Green got into the team first

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Warners out of the rest of the game.

Can replace for Concussion right? Not one of those rules that has to be agreed prior to the series? At least Renshaw is there and can Open.