• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves v Lions Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think the Singapore games are sold out. It's a big stadium in Singapore, and I doubt many there would feel a true affiliation with the team.

Sorry, I meant the games in Tokyo.

Sorry, I clearly need to find me an "ironic" smiley...........

What else does the stadium get used for? Parts of it look ok but there's a strip adjacent to the home 22 with less grass on it than your average cricket pitch. Other 22 similar but not so bad & also some bare patches along the far tramline.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
No towelling so far
If the lions can hang on to the ball i think they will eventually wear down the SW defence
As i type the lions rumble over from a lone out

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Notice that Lions are playing against a strong wind in this first half, so will probably cut loose in the 2nd

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions turning down shots but 100 mph jailbreak plan hampered a bit by handsies.

after that shocking kicking effort Jantjes may as well stay on the pitch at HT rather than face the wrath of Coach Ackerman

Sunwolves defending well, winning some quality TO's and outside backs coming up well to cut shit off. Scrum a bit of a "wok on" oh shit I mean "work on" haha oh piss off

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Good to see Quirky playing well. Couple of turnovers and generally being a pest at the breakdown. I'm pleased he found a home after being let go by the Reds.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sunwolves still in it at half time. They seem to be able to maintain possession for long periods, but aren't as yet able to do too much with it. Sunwolves also seem in disarray when there is a line break.

T

TOCC

I think this this game will get away from the Sunwolves in the last 20, a few players really sucking in the air and walking already.

Great to see capacity crowd at their first home ground

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shots Horie gets the Sunwolves first-ever try.

Might they "do a Japan" on the Lions? Gonna need lots of WD40 to get those floodgates opening................

EDIT: or a 50/50 Yellow..................

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Probably biased but I think the Lions have been getting the rub of the green with the ref throughout the game. The yellow card being the worst of it.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some decisions going the way of the Sunwolves since the yellow. Love all the fans howling in the crowd haha.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sunwolves pressing hard right to the end. 26-13 in the shadows of full time. The blow out predicted by some hasn't eventuated. If anything the Sunwolves have played better in the 2nd half that in the 1st.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah decent performance by the Sunwolves, especially given the lack of preparation. Hiwasa at halfback gets them playing very quickly when they have the ball and Horie led well from the front. I thought that Durutalo, the American flanker, was excellent too.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Really good effort and surprising continuity from the Sunwolves considering they have been together 3 weeks, and on top of that the coach has been away since mid last week only arriving back the day before the game due to the death of his mother.

Lions showed they have added some running to their power game.

Status
Not open for further replies.