• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super 15 betting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Hey all, I have recently begun to consider that my daily analysis for tipping and fantasy competitions could be used in the betting markets too. Does anyone else have experience in Super 15 betting, or sports betting in general?

I will post the handicap's for each game for us to discuss, starting with Round 2:

Highlanders vs Chiefs +1
Rebels +5 vs Brumbies
Bulls +3 vs Stormers
Hurricanes vs Blues +5
Reds vs Waratahs +2
Cheetahs +5 vs Sharks
Kings +12 vs Force

All odds are sportingbet, and are at 1.91, unless listed otherwise.

At this very early stage, I like the look of Chiefs +1; Stormers -3; Blues +5 and Kings +12.

Thoughts? Would be good to bounce some idea's on games and strategy around with other posters!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Was thinking of starting this thread today! Personally I am lumping against the Kings every week, doesn't seem to be much quality in their roster and the trial results have been poor.

Who will you be backing to win the comp? I think the Sharks look good value.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Betting in sport can lead to corruption. This is one of the reasons why I am against it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree betting is way over exposed but those Senators who want to outlaw it are deluded, it would only make things worse.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Let's leave the debate how the role of betting to another thread.

@JSR:

I am not going to touch the Kings for a couple of weeks. I am not familiar with there squad, and didn't watch either of there trial games.

The same goes for futures bets, however, I agree the Sharks are looking good value for the title.

For this round, I need to do more analysis, however, Brumbies -5; Stormers -1 and Hurricanes/Blues over's look like a good bet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I had a couple of punts this weekend.

I have gone for:
Tahs to win by 1-12 vs Reds @ $2.95
Cheetahs to beat Sharks @ $3
Chiefs to beat Highlanders @ $2

and a multi of:
Brumbies to beat Rebels
Stormers to beat Bulls
Hurricanes to beat Blues
Sharks to beat Cheetahs
Force to beat Kings
@ $6.06

Hopefully something comes through!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I had a couple of punts this weekend.

I have gone for:
Tahs to win by 1-12 vs Reds @ $2.95
Cheetahs to beat Sharks @ $3
Chiefs to beat Highlanders @ $2

and a multi of:
Brumbies to beat Rebels
Stormers to beat Bulls
Hurricanes to beat Blues
Sharks to beat Cheetahs
Force to beat Kings
@ $6.06

Hopefully something comes through!

Thats a good multi, planning on something similar myself although I will throw in some 6 nations games to add a bit more value (probably Ireland and Wales).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Completely different sport, but assuming this isn't a very good photoshop, check out this ticket that is doing the rounds of the internet this morning.

o0Pwea4.png

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Bloody Stormers knocked my multi out straight away! Hate when that happens in one of the first games you bet on.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) 19-1 for First tryscorer tonight against the Reds, a bit to big to not put $10 on it

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Accumulator for this week:

Highlanders
Tahs
Chiefs
Crusaders
Reds
Sharks

No very adventourous backing all the home teams, but planning on doing another accumulator with spreads.

Any thoughts on this weeks betting?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I've combined AFL, Mungo and Gods game to give me the treble:

Swans
Kangaroos -12.5
Tahs +4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.