• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Round 2023

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yrp whole point of it how they wanted it this year but covid stuffed it up. I think it a great chance to promote game in Aus early in season.
ANZAC weekend was always a poor choice, I get it was forced on them and they did prefer a March time slot for last season as well.

The Bledisloe was a good success outside of the ref and the result. I saw a lot of people new to the game go down.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I wasn't really for the Thursdat test, in OZ as it takes game away from kids in NZ, but can understand why it was done and agree was a bloody successful idea. There is a lot to be said for having more midweek tests in both countries I think.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yep I wasn't really for the Thursdat test, in OZ as it takes game away from kids in NZ, but can understand why it was done and agree was a bloody successful idea. There is a lot to be said for having more midweek tests in both countries I think.

Take your point about the time it should have been no later than a 7.05 kick off.

State of origin has gone back to mid week games purely for the ratings reason. No other distractions on a wed night it rates through the roof.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Take your point about the time it should have been no later than a 7.05 kick off.

State of origin has gone back to mid week games purely for the ratings reason. No other distractions on a wed night it rates through the roof.
100%, sports bodies never get this. Never get why the AFL doesn’t start their Thursday night games at 7.05

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
100%, sports bodies never get this. Never get why the AFL doesn’t start their Thursday night games at 7.05
I think they do get it.

Given the broadcasters are paying billions, I'm sure they've done their research into what the best timeslot for the games are (and they would dictate that).

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think they do get it.

Given the broadcasters are paying billions, I'm sure they've done their research into what the best timeslot for the games are (and they would dictate that).
Yeah they get good numbers but that’s note due to the time slot it’s due to fans love their club and the game