• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fo!!ower

Chris McKivat (8)
Does anyone know if the ARU has managed to wrangle a naming rights sponsor for the Aussie leg of the 2014 Super Rugby competition?

I did a bit of googling but could only find old news (about FxPro withdrawing their sponsorship in 2012 when they were originally supposed to be naming rights sponsor (NRS) until 2014)

There were rumblings last year that HSBC would be the NRS this year but since they've since been announced as the "Official Banking Partner of the Wallabies" I assume that is not going to happen now.

Any GAGR's out there have any more info?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BgO2vLnCIAAqYSd.jpg

The Australian Super Rugby conference now has a sponsor!

It also has a #hashtag just in case the players want to tweet mid game. :rolleyes:

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I always thought the FX pro sponsorshipi was for 1 year. Why did they pull out? did they go broke or something?

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/02/1...ugby-needs-more-money/?no-cache=52fb0099d4012

From the article:-

"On top of that market reality rugby must force its way into free-to-air television."

"Business-people talk about growing the pie. Free-to-air is a massive dose of bi-carb soda waiting to happen to rugby.

The best way to get rugby on free-to-air would be to negotiate a weekly “Game of the week” slot for a broadcaster to start with and get the general public used to seeing either a high-profile or high-importance rugby game on their TV each Friday or Saturday night.
Ideally you’d schedule many of the best Australian conference derbies but might also pitch some of the big New Zealand and SA matches as well, such as Reds versus Chiefs, Waratahs versus Crusaders, Rebels versus Bulls etc."

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Or even the home team's match of each respective state i.e. air the Force game in WA, or the high profile match of the week if they have a bye.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I think this is unlikely to happen as I thought there was speculation that the reason Fox are funding / covering the NRC is to ensure that they get 100% of the coverage of super rugby in the next deal.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I STILL don't know where to insert FxPro..... :eek:

How does it work? What am I supposed to do with it? Can the cat play with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.