• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Red all day long but, yes, thought they'd wimp out & call Yellow on account of the occasion so big ups to RPS & his TMO for sticking to the Laws & protocols.

If I'm JAckerman I'm taking a back off & subbing in a power forward, they're gunna need him with Smith gone & Kreil not much bigger. CruSadists will play 10-man footy from here if they've got any sense.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What a shame. Way to ruin a game. I was looking forward to this one.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just red card a crusaders player to even it up. It shouldn't be hard. They are kiwi

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'll tell u what. If the crusaders get a Yellow card the lions could score 3 trys in 10 min. No idea how crusaders got away with pushing before the the jumper was down

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Need to send off someone. The crusaders are giving away a lot of penalties and the lions are still killing it.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Need to send off someone. The crusaders are giving away a lot of penalties and the lions are still killing it.

Peyper's gifting them a lot of penalties. The Lions are playing terrifically though

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
the ref is playing his part at least...i'd be surprised he isn't first pick for the boks and the touchies will be next picked

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That's the game. Well done lions. Amazing play. For a team to play like that with 14 men for half the game against the crusaders is amazing

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Lions deserved this game. Definately the better side.

They've tried very hard. They're bloody good. I would have picked them to win with 15 but the Crusaders have done what they needed to do.

Lions deserve a title,not necessarily for this game but for the last two years. They play fantastic rugby.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
They've tried very hard. They're bloody good. I would have picked them to win with 15 but the Crusaders have done what they needed to do.

Lions deserve a title,not necessarily for this game but for the last two years. They play fantastic rugby.
They should be very proud man. I think they need to look at red cards though. It ruined the game. I think a yellow card is sufficient. Teams wouldnt do dangerous things to risk yellow card the same as a red. Keep reds for things like eye gauging or serious punching and kicking.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Crotty, Todd and Whitelock superb.

Lions excellent comeback. Started running hard and straight in that second half.

Tough physical game.

M

Moono75

Crusaders were the form team of the season so well deserved victory and a tough gig having to travel across to SA to get the job done.

Shame about the red card but a great comeback by the Lions to make it a contests with only 14 men.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lions looked like doing another Canes-crushing comeback in the last 20 but coughed up enough ball at inopportune times to derail the dream

Lions finish the season 1 and 1 vs NZ teams. Therefore an average team. Not bad but not great. Perhaps good enough for 3rd or 4th in the NZ conferen HAHAHAH just fuckin around there.

They have a lot of explosive runners. Cantabs didn’t know much about Coetzee the fullback. Or Mapoe at times. Wonder how Vorster at 2nd 5 gets the starts ahead of that Guns Von Roidberg fella?

Beautiful ending as 30 Cantabs jump around hugging in a circle while 60,000 people stare at them in malevolent silence.

Sorry scripted mummy, mummy can we please have a cushy road thru the fairytale SA conference but some handsome Cantabs have crashed the party

cheerl.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Crotty, Todd and Whitelock superb.

Lions excellent comeback. Started running hard and straight in that second half.

Tough physical game.
For those foreigners out there, this is what an excited cantab looks like when his team has just won Super Rugby.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force would defiantly won that.........

Thought Lions really got it wrong in not taking a back off when Smith got RC'd, that just played into CruSadists strengths e.g. scrum & 3-5m either side of the ruck. Almost as dumb as AB's hooking Kaino when SBW got sent off v B&IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.