• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Final - Chiefs v Crusaders

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Promised my workmates I wouldn't gloat "much" if CruSadists prevailed.

"Much" is such a subjective word.

So, yeah, ima be in full gloat mode. Might even crash the Monday team meeting on my RDO & give my other CruSadists top an airing. I'm also thinking a group email pic of ScoBar holding the trophy aloft may be in order. No accompanying text, just the pic.

Last edited:

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Even aside from that, they had the possession they needed at the end there and just fizzled out with no direction. Conceded 30m with ball in hand.
The Crusaders just play smarter. The Chiefs had some really nice early phase plays, some great individual moments, but some of their decision making was poor. The kicking duels they got caught in rarely ended well for them.

All up an really enjoyable game, with lots of talking points no doubt.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The fact the Chiefs were still a chance in the final minute of the game after copping three yellows across the game is pretty amazing.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Great arm wrestle final. I think the Chiefs got screwed. Angus Gardner you had one call to make and you f#cked up on the massive Crusaders forward pass leading up to their second try.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
Wtf happened to the knock on advantage at the start of the last passage? Phenomenal d from safers regardless, but still